PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Spare Tires

mygreenmonster.com
02-16-2004, 04:09 PM
I want a spare tire for my trailer to use in emergencies. Is it cheaper to get one from a discount tire store and do they have them, or do I have to order it from the dealer. Is there any place you recommend to get a good deal from?
I have the 04 SSV GG.

Thanks

jflock2
02-17-2004, 09:54 AM
Check out Overtons.com
They have spare tire carriers that mount on the front of your trailer too.

looking4glass
07-01-2005, 11:24 PM
SPeaking from experience I wouldn't use anything on a trailer or spare than Goodyear Marathons. I have seen others on various trailers shread. Not a pretty site on a single axle rig.

Compared to the price of repairs the cost of the tire is cheap.

Phil
99 Legacy

msutoad
07-02-2005, 07:23 AM
I would call Boatmate directly and get the sparetire kit from them. They paint the mount, and will sell you the tire and wheel for a competitive price. I priced getting the wheel and tire somewhere else, and it was going to be a little more than getting it from boatmate.

I have an 04' SSV and ordered the spare kit, and it is being painted and will bolt on to the front of the trailer perfectly.

On that same note, what tire pressure is everyone running? I am running 48 PSI in my tires.

One last comment about tires. I just had a blowout, so I know what a pain it can be. If you have not already done so, be sure to check your valve stems in your tires. Bend them around and look for cracks. In my 04 Tires, I had dry rotting stems even though the tires were fine. I had the stems all replaced and the tires balanced. Just my .02 on tires.