PDA

View Full Version : Barefootin'

csuggs
09-01-2009, 01:22 PM
We were with some friends and got out the barefoot boom a few weeks ago - finally getting around to posting pics - my oldest two sons. What a hoot!

87SunSportMikeyD
09-01-2009, 01:40 PM
Never tried it, but the previous owner of my boat used it mainly for barefooting. Great pics thanks for sharing

csuggs
09-01-2009, 03:43 PM
I don't have a boom for my Sunsport - we were on my friends' Comp with the boom. Do you have a boom for your Sunsport?

Salty87
09-01-2009, 04:28 PM
ouch, i can feel my feet getting hot just looking. never done it behind my boat, had a buddy with a boom. i don't think i can afford the gas to go that fast with the big block.

looks like they had fun...any face planting? :)

techsledder
09-02-2009, 11:04 AM
Good job on getting your boys hooked!

Foot’n is friggen sweet. My Sunsport I bought is actually the one I learned on, so I have the boom and I plan on doing it again! It’s actually not that bad on the feet. At least for me it wasn’t. Also, I used to do it with a barefooting wetsuit, which saves the family jewels and the other soft parts of your body. My other dream (besides wake surfing) is to get back in the saddle again and maybe go and learn long line foot’n too.

87SunSportMikeyD
09-02-2009, 11:28 AM
Yeah mine came with a boom but the pylon has been removed so can't use it anymore hehe. It's for sale locally hehe!

chautauquasun
09-02-2009, 12:08 PM
How fast do you have to be going to barefoot? I have never tried it but thought you had to go a least 50 mph to make it work. Is that the case?

csuggs
09-02-2009, 03:12 PM
35-40 will work - it's a hoot!

csuggs
09-02-2009, 03:38 PM
Yeah mine came with a boom but the pylon has been removed so can't use it anymore hehe. It's for sale locally hehe!

I think my side windshield would be in the way because it extends past where the pylon is located. Does your boat have the "shortened" glass on the side or does it have the glass with a full taper down to the gunwale?

Blackntan90
09-02-2009, 04:50 PM
How much you asking for the boom, Mikey?

Oilguy
09-02-2009, 06:38 PM
I read through this site a while back and I would love to learn to barefoot!! My last boat didn't have the MPH or the HP for me to try but the sunsport WILL!!

http://www.thefootersedge.com/index02.htm

It is a free Ebook and he sends you emails after you read it but his emails have really good information also so I haven't even had to "unsubscribe" to them.

chautauquasun
09-02-2009, 11:25 PM
I think my side windshield would be in the way because it extends past where the pylon is located. Does your boat have the "shortened" glass on the side or does it have the glass with a full taper down to the gunwale?

Yeah my windshield frame goes all the way down the gunwale so it would be definitely in the way of the boom. However it looks like the frame rails can be removed to leave just the short window. Maybe something to try next year.