PDA

View Full Version : Oil Guage Dead???

87SunSportMikeyD
09-04-2009, 04:37 PM
My oil gauge is pegged to the upper limit, and causing the oil light and audible alarm to sound constantly, even with just the key in battery on position. I know there is nothing wrong with the oil pressure. I disconnected the alarm and have been running no problem. I am unable to locate an oil pressure sending unit. Any help is appreciated. :)

Gratuititous boat pic:

http://photos.wakeboarder.com/data/3486/Picture_0381.jpg

Salty87
09-04-2009, 04:58 PM
awesome pic

the sender is right next to the oil filter...i think i saw a pic of it on here once

michael hunter
09-04-2009, 06:55 PM
The sender is just above the oil filter its silver with the wire going to it. with the key on.
Unplug the wire your gauge will go low or high [I cant remember which] then ground the wire the gauge will go the opposite of when its disconnected.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn127/suprahunter/supracarbOilsender001-1.jpg

Blackntan90
09-06-2009, 08:33 PM
Just as Mr Hunter said, and you should be able to find it at any auto parts store, as it is not a marine specific part.

mapleleaf
09-06-2009, 10:56 PM
I was trying to post up that Mr. Hunter would have a pic of the sending unit, and my 18 month old turned off the computer, really I was trying to help!!! that was friday !!!!!
Anyway Mikey it's right there in the photo, the grounding procedure helped me trouble shoot a bad gauge and let me know I should still have oil pressure, and not a seized motor!!!!
ok fine that pic rocks! not much weight in her that photo...she looks super floaty......

87SunSportMikeyD
09-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Thanks for everyones help and comments I will get this one done ASAP! Boat is still running a bit rough it is making me mad.

Maple LOL you called it! When I got home from the cabin trip I looked at these pics and I thought to myself "DANGIT I forgot to weight it down for that pic!" LOL :) I have some new pics and vid from the weekend, will post in my P&J thread ASAP.

mapleleaf
09-08-2009, 07:32 PM
Hey Hey, she looks good up and down.......Sometimes I need to see the graphic's, to remember who made her.......