PDA

View Full Version : 2001 SSV

Chap
02-22-2004, 01:49 PM
Just looking for some input, both positive and negative on the 2001 SSV. I have ridden for years behind nautiques and malibu's and now I'm finally in the market for my own boat and keep hearing about these. How is the quality compared to nautiques and malibu's? I've only heard what the sales people say, so I'm wondering if money on an 2001 SSV with 100 hours is money well spent?

Zephlor
02-29-2004, 05:42 PM
Chap,
I have a 2001 SSV. I love my boat. I have freinds with a Moomba's, Malibu's, and Mastercraft's. I can tell you that the interior is as nice or nicer in the SSV as any other boat on the market. This boat makes a good wake with factory ballast and an impressive wake with the Gravity Games bags. The only negative that I can think of is the oval shape bars on the tower. This makes it a little more challanging to find nice racks that will fit right.

If you still considering an 01 SSV then take it for a ride. If you like it buy it. You can't go wrong with the SSV. :)

gotigers
03-01-2004, 10:20 PM
I own a 02' Launch SSV, that looks identical to the one above. I bought it used from an individual with about 50 hrs last year. I love the boat, have had a few problems, but that is probably because it is a boat. Just know if you buy a used supra, there is no transferrable warranty, unless you buy it from a dealer. Some other brands will transfer the warranty. The down side of buying from a dealer is that you pay sales tax, at least in some states. I am pretty satisfied with my boat, I just wish I would have done my homework on the warranty info.
Good Luck

jflock2
03-14-2004, 09:59 AM
gotigers, what kind of problems have you had?

gotigers
03-22-2004, 10:26 PM
I have mainly had electrical problems. My gas gauge stopped working around 60 hrs and then my wake plate started acting up but then started working again. One of my speedos is way out on calibration and the adjustments will not even get it close. My horn quit but a new button fixed that. the windshield came apart due to a miss drill during manufactering but I took it apart and fixed that too. Probably the biggest frustration is the wiring to my bilge is shot or something and I can't get any power at the swich or the pump. (caused water to get to my starter so it's new too)I guess I will totally be rewiring it soon. It is just those kind of things, but I am sure many of the people who write on this chat have the same kind of things happen. The great thing is that Supra is like 10 to 15k cheaper than other boats so you can make a lot of repairs and still come out ahead.