PDA

View Full Version : Bilge pump problem

Rusty Griswold
09-07-2009, 09:20 PM
Any suggestions here, my pump is not working on my 06 24ssv. The light works on the switch, but the pump won't run. It is also very hard to get to.

thanks

Fman
09-07-2009, 09:38 PM
Any suggestions here, my pump is not working on my 06 24ssv. The light works on the switch, but the pump won't run. It is also very hard to get to.

thanks

You are going to probably have to remove the pump so you can gain access to the wires. Use a tester to find out if you have power going to the pump. Also might want to check and make sure the fuse is not blown. Its pretty simple, if you have power going to the pump then your bilge took a dump on you. I would think with the light going on it is sending power to the bilge and you have a bad pump. You also might have debris clogged in your bilge pump, after removing it I would try and clean it out.

Rusty Griswold
09-08-2009, 08:57 PM
Thanks, I did check the fuse and it was not popped out. I had to borrow a portable pump to get all of the water out after I had a wall of water come over the front.

mapleleaf
09-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Rusty, it's Clark, she's a beaut, with or without the bilge pump.....

Salty87
09-09-2009, 08:41 AM
did you try blowing air down the discharge hose? things can jam the impeller, has worked for me before.

Rusty Griswold
09-09-2009, 02:18 PM
I will try the compressed air, good idea. It may be a light bulb out, you know when one goes out they all go out Clark

techsledder
09-09-2009, 03:56 PM
:rolleyes:Mine was bound up tight. After taking the pump out of the holder the impeller wouldn't even move. I replaced her with a new one from skidim.

WadsworthSunsport22V
09-18-2009, 08:43 AM
My auto bilge became a manual bilge. It turned out to be a stuck float. It is now again an auto bilge.