PDA

View Full Version : 92 Mariah beeps when on and won't go off

Supra-ize
09-08-2009, 09:20 PM
92 Mariah beeps like an alarm and won't stop- not sure if it is a water pump alarm or what? also how much water should this boat take on for a day at the lake- I run it for a couple of hours and the bilge pumps out about 50 gallons?

mapleleaf
09-08-2009, 09:37 PM
the alarm should also light up an indicator as to which system is or could be failing, check your gauges and if something is really wrong and your gauges are working, you have either got a high temp., low oil pressure, or you're low on gas, there's a forth but I cna't remember what it is......
50 gallons of water is alot, if you pull the removeable section of floor behind the doghouse while on the water you will be able to see the drive shaft and rudder assembly, they might be leaking too much or have old bad packing. You may also have bad seals at the exhaust outlets, 50 gallons is like 2.5 times your gas tank, I'd want to get to the bottom of that.......

parkerspop
09-08-2009, 09:42 PM
Don't know about the alarm, does any lights come on with it? As for the water sounds like you may have few leaks. My rudder and prop shaft seal were leaking and also around where the prop shaft box mounted to the hull (before I fix them my bilge run 30% of the time)now I am down to about 5 gallons in a half day. I think my muffler may be the final culprit.