PDA

View Full Version : New member with Supra questions

capt7
09-08-2009, 10:50 PM
Hi, new to the forum and looking for some help. I am getting ready to start looking at Supra wakeboard boats and wondering what to look for as far as hidden issues. I am interested in the Launch 22 SSV's and had a few questions. I read on another post that Pre 1992 boats have wood stringers and floors. Is this correct and if so what are they now constructed of? I have been looking at years between 2001-2003, and just want to make sure I don’t need to be concerned about the stringers and floor. I also saw some questions concerning cracks in the gel coat around the tower mounting points and in the playpen area of the bow. Is there anything else I should be looking for that may be a hidden problem? I have seen some boats that have yellow or blue color striping and graphics over white. Are these decals or is it laid in the gel coat? Just wondering if I can change the graphics package to something a little more radical by taking the hull to solid white and having it wrapped or done in vinyl. Thanks in advance for any help.

jasonba1
09-08-2009, 11:02 PM
since 92 the boats do not have wood stringers , also the graphics are definlty just vinyl so they can replaced they are not laid in the gel coat... Concerning spider cracks you have nothing to worry about these in my opinion are cosmetic and can be fixed by wetsanding most boat will have some type of spider cracks along the way with that said if they are super long and deep that is a different issue. Welcome to the forum and I hope I helped/

Take care

87SunSportMikeyD
09-09-2009, 11:43 AM
Pre 92 are wood wrapped in fiberglass resin. Post 92 are a non-wood composite material.

capt7
09-10-2009, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the information. Now it's time to hit the streets and internet and find the boat of my dreams.