PDA

View Full Version : Using a 1988 Comp for Wakeboarding

Tim
02-24-2004, 04:13 PM
I am seriously considering purchasing a 1988 Supra Comp in the next couple of weeks.
Before I go ahead and do so I would like to get some input from people who own these boats. Does the comp provide a decent wake when loaded with fat sacs or other weighting. Are you happy with the boat in general and its performance. I will be using it for watersking, wakeboarding and cruising.....but I am just a little hesitant on wakeboarding performance of the comp as it was designed for slalom.

Thank you for your input and please be honest.....

h2obug
02-25-2004, 10:16 PM
The comp has a outstanding ski wake. It was so nice. However, the wakeboard wake even when loaded is not nearly what the sunsport wake would be in the same year. Comp is a good ski boat, but if your looking for a wakeboard boat in that model year - look for a sunsport.

Tim
02-26-2004, 03:26 PM
Thanks fot the input.....

Although the wake of the comp may not match that of the sunsport, does it provide a decent wake for intermediate riders. I guess it's like trying to find women with large boobs and a small bum...haha , hard to acheive the best of best worlds.

I located an 88 comp in excellent condition...gelcoat, interior, floor and stringers all mint and all original. It is a 1 owner, dealer serviced...you know one of those useds boat that is hard to come by.

Anyway...I just don't want to be stuck with no wake......

suckmywake
02-26-2004, 04:35 PM
I have an '87 Sunsport for sale that I truly think might be better suited for what you need. It's not a bad ski wake(I ski more than wakeboard) and this hull is what they are all using NOW for wakeboarding!! I am in SE Michigan.

suckmywake
02-26-2004, 04:35 PM
I have an '87 Sunsport for sale that I truly think might be better suited for what you need. It's not a bad ski wake(I ski more than wakeboard) and this hull is what they are all using NOW for wakeboarding!! I am in SE Michigan.

suckmywake
02-26-2004, 04:37 PM