PDA

View Full Version : 03 launch SSV Oil change tube

Jidol
09-21-2009, 10:17 PM
NEW SUPRA OWNER :confused:

My manual states their is a tube that can be used to change the oil but I can't find it. I even felt the oild pan and is feels like their is only a bolt. Does anyone know if this was an option on an 03?

thanks for your help!

John
Lake Lanier, GA

98outback
09-22-2009, 09:11 AM
On my 03 ssv it comes off teh bottom of the pan and over to the starboard side. Take the side panel off so you can get a good view under the engine.

jonyb
09-23-2009, 12:17 PM
Sometimes they have it clipped to an engine hoist attachment. Look for it from the top.

The one in my 07 24ssv is too short to go out the bilge. It's pretty convenient when I have a couple sets of vicegrips, a long tube, a funnel, and a pan. Don't forget 2 rolls of paper towels to clean the trim plate off :D

KO1
09-23-2009, 01:15 PM
Sometimes they have it clipped to an engine hoist attachment. Look for it from the top.

The one in my 07 24ssv is too short to go out the bilge. It's pretty convenient when I have a couple sets of vicegrips, a long tube, a funnel, and a pan. Don't forget 2 rolls of paper towels to clean the trim plate off :D

LOL I had to add another hose to the existing hose and now mine fits through the drain in the transom. Makes no sense not to have a hose that should be 12" longer from the factory. I guess we'll never understand!!!