PDA

View Full Version : Satisfaction Poll

dmgx
02-28-2004, 04:43 AM

BW2-LTS
03-28-2004, 09:06 PM
As it would happen I put my last break in hour on my LTS on an 80 degree day. I skied for the first time and was extremely pleased with the wake, there is no bump at 22 off, I did not ski at any shorter line length but the wake looked good. I have only skied for 3 years so I have not skied a lot of boats. I have skied a '92 Malibu Skier, '91 Mastercraft Pro Star 190, '99 196 Nautique, and a '02 Mastercraft X7. I can't speak for the shorter line lengths but the LTS had as good of ski wake as the '02 X7 and the Nautique. One concern I have is we do some barefooting and with the wake plate all the way down the 320 HP only got to about 41 MPH with no one in tow. The engine also has a lag or a miss about 2 seconds into a hole shot. Brian Raymond if you happen to read this maybe you can explain. Other than that I am completely satisfied.

arrowride
04-03-2004, 12:53 AM
I can't vote yet because I still don't have my boat. :( And I'm told it will be another two months still!! I may be completly insane by the time it gets here. Oh wait, maybe I already am!:)

mygreenmonster.com
04-08-2004, 10:24 AM
I am very satisfied with my 04 GG SSV. I just wakeboarded behind it yesterday and love it. The wake is the BEST I have ridden on. I am used to Malibu VLXs with the ballast full and the wedge down and I am more impressed with the fine tuning of the GG SSV wake. I still love the VLX wake, but I can mimic that with my boat with the use of the wake plate in the down position. But I like the wake better now with the plate in the up position to make the wake more rampy/peaky.

I had to have my tower replaced because I received an early build of the 04 GG SSV which had the tower that folded down forward. The guys that installed my new tower, one that looks the same but folds backwards, also installed larger support brackets at hull to provide extra support and prevent spider cracking in the paint near the tower mounts. Evidently, Supra uses support washers that are not as strong as the big support brackets for the GG tower. Hopefully they will change this to better support brackets.

The interior is nice and cushy. Just the way I love it! The stereo system is killer except for the bass. The 10" woofer that comes with the boat is great, but it is not in a true enclosure. To remedy this, get an 8" bazooka tube and woofer, and get a 10" Audiobahn tube enclosure for the 10" woofer that came with the boat and hook them in parallel together. Mount them both behind the false wall, leave the speaker grill on the false wall, and place the false wall back to it's factory installed position. The bass is now Excellent!

Overall, I rate the Supra GG SSV a 9 out of 10. Great job Supra!

Cheers,
Bryon

rogan
05-17-2004, 12:04 AM
i have the 1987 supra comp ts6m and i was woundering if any onre that pics from the comp in 1987 ?

Cajun
07-21-2004, 03:00 PM
I purchased a 2004 Launch LTS in April 2004. Generally dissatisfied. After I got the boat home i found a screw through the bottom of the hull (from the factory). Lately the boat has been dying on me. After many hours of aggravation I found that one of the harness plugs under the dash was defective- several prongs broken. I repaired that and the boat seems OK. Factory quality control appears to be lacking to say the least. Also, dealer quality is very weak. I bought from a dealer two hours away. The factory was offering free tower speakers as an incentive. The dealer installed them. When I arrived home I learned that they did not work with the CD player. Further, one of the speakers fell off the cage on the way home- several screws had not been tightened. I returned the boat for service. When I got the boat home after a two hour drive, the boat was completely dead. Turns out they had not reset certain breakers. When the boat has run it has performed great. However these problems have put a major damper on the whole experience.

IndyMatt
10-12-2004, 04:27 PM
I love my Supra boat!! There were some minor things that seemed silly & could have easily been caught at the factory like some of the backing bolts in my bow cushions did not have a washer or nut resulting in a rattle and loose cushion after a few hours, easily fixed but still left me wondering about more important things. Also, there is alot to be said about dealers that sell supra boats. Some are dedicated and understand that they have a quality product (*thanks Ron @ AuquaMarine of Anderson) while some couldnt find their ass with both hands. I mean some dealers are really making the supra name a representation of poor customer service. I hate to mention names (Bell Marine of Syracuse Indiana) but I actually bypassed the five minute drive to order my new boat from Ron Haston, over two hours away. I just hope the people at Bell dont ruin the Supra/Moomba name.

tcdailey3
11-12-2004, 10:41 AM
I purchased a 01 Launch SSV, the wake is great and plenty of power. The lake I generally run it at is at an altitude of around 4000ft., the 320 hp engine really preforms. Also the fuel economy is wonderful. After 5 - 7 hours of wakeboarding the boat will only burn 8 - 10 gallons of gas. My friends love it, we just need more days on the lake.

flynndog
11-26-2004, 04:45 AM
I purchased a new 03 comp lts last year and I would have to say I am dissatisfied with the purchase. However, it is a beautiful looking boat and I still love it because I love all boats.To many problems with boat and dealer though. $36,000 approx is a lot any way you cut it and I expected top quality product and service.
1. gel coat cracks- service manager said worst he has seen on a new boat, took 1 year
and a lot of hassle to finally get boat in for fix, gave it back unfinnished.
2. first day out depth finder not working, found not wired in,
3. all dash board mounts rattled loose, dash board cracked, boat been in several times,
waiting over 1 year for new dash to be installed-driven on private lake
4. walk through window fell through/got jammed, gap was to large,was noted on delivery
5. bilge pump runs continuously from day 1, took in for fix now only works from switch no
automatic float opperation.
6. rear seat did not fit on shelf properly-caused seat to sag- finally installed brace
7. large amounts of water entering boat on sharp turns- found silicone bead below rub
rail very thin to non existent- resealed, no problem since
8. delivered w/bow strap frayed-broke third time out-did not have replacement at shop
9. drop boat off for service detailed, get back rain soaked and full of water.
10.inspection plate at front of motor box was crushing fuel filter, no gap.

That said, we've had many great times in the boat, the play pen is great, runs great, but overall to many problems to say its been a good purchase.

jebhemi
03-12-2005, 12:13 AM
test

jebhemi
03-12-2005, 12:37 AM
O.K. Not tha this will help my cause bu I will NEVER buy another Supra boat again due to the quaility of work to $$$$$ ratio. I bought a 04 LAUNCH LTS last year and have nothing but problems. The dealer said it is Supra dragging their feet to O.K. the repairs and good luck getting good service after they have got you money. You want the list hear it goes.

1. The rear sun deck brock at the hinged on the first week out.
2. The deck was mounted in a bind so the cover ripped a 3 inch run down the side.
3. The speakers sound like crap and one blew the first weekend!!!
4. The Bertha Ballast NEVER works or works when your just driving down the lake.
5. The front fat sack fills up on it own and cracked the fiberglass when it put the ice
cooler in a bind.
6. The trailer had a screw head rubbing a HOLE in the side of my boat as a drove
down the street. (new glass and gel coat)
7. Screws working through the int. and coased holes in the covers.
8. Some af the crome pieces are discolored and so not match the same pieces less
than one inch apart.
9. Had to take the boat to a MB dealer to get the ballast system worked on because
the sacks would fill up with water and then not empty so we would have to take them
apart and drain them into the boat.
10. The list of the smaller stuff goes on and on but one last detail is they have had my
boat for 2 months and still can not give me a date as to when they can have it
back to me all repaired!!!!!

Very unhappy boat owner

03-12-2005, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by jebhemi

O.K. Not that this will help my cause but I will NEVER buy another Supra boat again due to the quaility of work to $$$$$ ratio. I bought a 04 LAUNCH LTS last year and have had nothing but problems. The dealer said it is Supra dragging their feet to O.K. the repairs and good luck getting good service after they have gotten your money. You want the list hear it goes...

1. The rear sun deck broke at the hinge on the first week out.
2. The deck was mounted in a bind so the cover ripped a 3 inch run down the side.
3. The speakers sound like crap and one blew the first weekend!!!
4. The Bertha Ballast NEVER works or only fills when your driving down the lake.
5. The front fat sack fills up on its own and cracked the fiberglass when it put the ice
cooler in a bind.
6. The trailer had a screw head rubbing a HOLE in the side of my boat as I drove
down the street. (new glass and gel coat)
7. Screws working through the interior and caused holes in the covers.
8. Some af the crome pieces are discolored and do not match the same pieces less
than one inch away.
9. Had to take the boat to a MB dealer to get the ballast system worked on because
the sacks would fill up with water and then not empty so we would have to take them
apart and drain them into the boat.
10. The list of the smaller stuff goes on and on but one last detail is they have had my
boat for 2 months and still can not give me a date as to when they can have it
back to me all repaired!!!!!

Very unhappy boat owner

zeus
04-03-2005, 11:49 PM
I bought my 04 LTS (comp) last year. I am very pleased with the boat and I am a very picky buyer. Yes I have ahd a few things that bugged me, but I don't think I'm ever completely satisfied with anything. I really should have bought a less expensive boat- maybe Moomba or used something, but we went all out.
I comparred all the brands. MC, CC, & Malibu were nice but too expensive. The LTS had everything they had for a lot less. Tige..Ughh the switch thing was appealing price wise, but when I sat in it lost any appeal quickly. I skied one just after the boat show and unless you ski super shortline the wake was not so great. 15- 28 (my range) were hard. I like the Centurion T5 . Price was hard to beat, it looked good and I skied it and found it excellent, but fit and finish I found cheap. Moombas look much nicer in my opinion. The CC closed bow is not practical if you have kids and the rest of their line up I find less attractive ( not ugly...), very well made though.
When it came down to it the features that were standard on the LTS were extra on most of the others. Got to pay those sponsored skiers I guess etc. The LTS is a very pretty boat. I am very pleased with the quality. Fit and finish of mine is as good as any boat I have been in. I look at ski boats all the time, sort of obsessed with them. Wake performance is excellent- 22 off is hard to complain about when you've skied older designs that will give you a heck of a jolt. I pull guys well into short line (35-38 consistenly) and they love the wake or lack there of. Spray is not an issue. I have the 320 HP, would have liked to get the 340, but there is more than enough power. I love how it drives. It tracks very well. You hardly feel the skier.
I had a couple of minor issues since I have had it. My dealer dealt with them promptly. Decal, tonneau tear at a snap. Both replaced no porblems.
If I had to do it all over again, I'd probably search the same way. Test everything and see what I like. I would certainly be favourable to Supra, but when that happens I wonder if anyone will be making ski boats anymore.

DKJBama92Mariah
04-21-2005, 03:15 AM
My baby is a red '92 Mariah. She's 13 years old and i still love her. All she needs is a little TLC every spring and she never stops.

buckwyatt
08-17-2005, 01:15 PM
Older Supras are better than the new ones, all of the new features are problem prone, I have heard nothing but bad from all of the perfect-pass crap.

If you can get an older Supra with a 351 Windsor, Airguide contralog speedos, and no ding-aling features, you will be happy. All boats will have screws loosening up, and these boats are NOT made for rough water, ever.

Sander
02-22-2006, 07:59 PM
I own a 1992 Supra Marauder (with the 351 Windsor engine ;)) with around 900 hours on the clock, and i couldn't be happier. The boat looks like new, engine runs flawlessly, the (wooden) floor is still rocksolid, no cracks in the hull, and nothing rattles or something. I would definatly buy a Supra again!

Only problems i've had so far:
1 little tear in the upholstery, because my friends keep on standing on the rearseat.
Defective starter relay, went to the junkyard and got myself a new one for a couple of Euro's (yes i'm from Europe).

Pic of my boat:
http://www.sandersfotosite.nl/monstertowersmall.jpg

1988comp
04-12-2006, 11:50 PM
I get lots of compliments on my nearly new (140 hours) 1988 comp. I paid $9500 for it with 100 hours (previous owner died, wife kept in garage)

I am sure I would never pay 60k for a ski boat, even if I had the extra money, I would buy a gekko or more than likely, another unused Supra or Moomba.

Sittingduck
05-30-2006, 11:00 PM
YA YA QQ MORE....

This boat (21v) Is one of the best boats you can just walk into a dealership and walk out without thiking twice. I have been on lakes from age 1. I would not trade this boat for 50K in the bank and a mastercraft. Supra, great job on a killer boat. What a team you have there, just keep the fun coming. We will keep on buying.

One thing to change though. Your dealers that sell the boats, need to know more about them then the people buying them. AND WTF, missing cleats in the front of the 21V... Oh well i just picked up 3 more and put them in. 30 min later and we were off the the lake.

Ducken

Oh ya, what is it with dealerships only putting in 5 gallons of gas?

Proud owner of a 2006 white 21V

myturndad
05-31-2006, 09:12 AM
sittingduck, i've got to agree about the gas from the dealership. On my maiden voyage that stuff was so bad that I thought we were going to be stranded, but finally the fresh stuff got in there and it ran great.

I bought a 05 SSV 22 and it has been overall very nice. All of our friends with other brand comp boats give it praise all the time. I have got around 38hrs on it already and no problems that I can't take care of except 1 small gel coat crack by the front tower bar.

The dealer was really good at the sell. They also replaced a decal "launch SSv" that blew off. However since then I have emailed them 4 times and called once trying to get a price on a tower mirrow and have yet to hear back from them with a price.

Hopefully they are not one of those "we have you money, now go"

Doug t-town

ps, Brian Raymond has been wonderful about answering my question when needed, and I just want to give him praise. He does a great job representing Skier's Choice.

Sittingduck
05-31-2006, 07:15 PM
Myturndad I have found it is easier to find a hour person to talk to about parts. When you go back to the sales person who sold you the boat they are just looking for the next $30K+ sale. Get your hands on a hourly person and you are set.

I also use www.overtons.com and www.barts.com to try and find what I am looking for.

Ducken

lowdrag
06-01-2006, 01:02 AM
First off, I'll say that I love my boat, but it's definitely having its fair share of minor issues. Some of the things are just disappointing to me even though I know some of the problems are not related to Supra but instead to other companies.....Boatmate, Indmar. I bought a new 21V as an upgrade from a Mobius LS that I bought new several years ago. Never had a problem with the Mobius, so I guess I just expected the same with the 21V.

Issues so far mostly minor with the exception of 2

Solenoid has gone bad or something similar with the front ballast.

Depth finder has been going down hill since I bought the boat. At first it consistently gave good readings, now it's to the point where it has the 3 bars across the screen more often than it has a depth reading.

One of the seat cushions is pulling apart in the corner.

Trailer has some pretty thin paint especially in the tongue are. Several spots have cracks around the weld and are showing rust stains.

The engine has been the big pain. 325 hp FI. Motor runs great at first. Once it gets hot and you let it sit for about an hour, it will not start. Opening the cover and cranking it once in a while until it cools off will get it started again, but I'm stumped as to what the problem is.

I've also had the shift linkage cable pop off of the arm on the transmission leaving me stuck in forward with no way to stop the boat other than killing the motor.

I still love this boat though and have a great dealer, so I'm sure all of these problems will get taken care of.

heydanniceshot
07-06-2006, 07:09 AM
Tige' or MC next time.. see my thread to see all my little annoyances. For $50k I expected MUCH more. I had less problems with my $15k Bayliner.

taft
08-05-2006, 05:20 PM
My boat ('06 22SSV) has been good so far, all problems I have had are minor and were fixed almost right away when we told our dealer. Put on 30 hours so far, and the problems we've run into are: Ignition wiring came loose (would turn the engine off), staples not put in right on one of the cushions (sticks out), interior trim where floor and seats meet came loose (it's only put on with two sided tape), a speaker that pops (not associated with the use of other electronics, just blown).

Although there is one problem now that is weird. Some times when the stereo is being used above the 20 level, smoke or fumes can be smelt coming from under the dash. Guessing it's bad wiring. This one is new, working on it now.

Even with these problems, I love driving and riding behind my boat.

Thats about all. I can deal with these problems. They shouldn't happen on a boat that costs 80k in Canada, but the dealer is a lot of help. If minor problems are the only ones we encounter with our boat, then I will definitely consider Supra in the future. I would recommend a Supra to others, but would like to see the quality control on the construction improved.

I also had problems with the board racks, but I put the blame on roswell for those.

vintner
08-07-2006, 08:12 AM
I think maybe satisfaction polls broken down by years would be interesting. I am seeing a pattern here of people praising their late mid 80's to late 90's boats and somewhere in the 2000's people are getting frustrated. What would be a good breakdown of years?

mdsmgu
09-03-2006, 01:29 AM
EXACTLY, I agree 100%, my pre -2000 Supra Boat was great, but my new 2006 Supra Lauch 24SSV Gravity Games boat is a LEMON, 27 different problem items, (but remember Skiers Choice says only normal) maybe normal for them, but not for my other boats, including other brands. I am waiting on a solution for my new boat that goes back and forth to the dealer every week, and has been back to the factory already also. 4 months of Supra Ownership equals 4 months of headaches.

All I hear is that my boat is the only one that has problems, I am sure glad to know about the other boats with the same problems.

I think we may all want to team up together and demand some satisfaction.

Buyer beware!

ondwater
07-23-2007, 10:37 AM
Hey everyone,
Well let me start out by saying that I love my Supra , but like many in the BB I am not real happy with the quality control of the finished product.
I don't know how long they give the people to rig the boats but little things like safety stickers being put on crooked to stripped screws. I overlook alot of the little things but when I think back at all of the things that I have had to redo because of poor craftmanship it gets to me....Just one of the major concerns that I hope nobody else with the directdrive luanch has to deal with, Try and put a fuel filter in!!!!!

SupraTom
07-25-2007, 12:20 PM
I have an 85 Ts6M and have been pretty satisfied.

The only downfalls are the Top end (40mph with water temps in the 70s) and the floor.

All of us with older Supras know how poor the drainage is on these boats. If you waterski you don't want to drain any water anywhere but the center of the boat... And I thought these boats were designed to get wet :D

I can't complain too much though, the floor lasted 20 yrs. After a new floor install last winter, the boat is about ready for a new owner. I need something a little faster for barefooting.

suprakid1
07-08-2008, 12:14 AM
The older boats will hold up much longer than the new boats but overall it comes down to how you take care of your boat. If you leave it in the water all of the time and don't clean it up after you take it out, you are bound to have a trashed boat. Another reason the older boats hold up better is because of the gel coat on them. Back then the chemicals going into the gel coats were not regulated much and were much stronger. But now all of the environmental regulations on the chemicals in the boats are weakening these boats. My families 88 comp is in great condition and we have had it from the early 90's. We just put a new tower and new decals on it and it is awesome. Best looking boat from the 80's I have ever seen.

I feel bad for those of you out there who have bad supra dealers around you. My local Supra dealer in Irmo, SC is awesome. Its a great shop right on the lake. you can check them out at carolinainboard.com

Supra Rocks!

mvd
04-28-2009, 02:34 AM
Hi guys

Saw this tread and already voted (donno what anymore)

If i look back at the ordering and delivery of my new 2009 supra launch 22 ssv here in Europe there are a few things that don't satisfy me. (FYI this boat will cost me around $80k with taxes, transportation etc)

Missing RCA cable from headunit tot amp
Popping sounds when using wakeplate on speakers
High pitched wyning sound over the speakers
Standard Supra logo cover is not nice finished. There are a lot of seams and treads hanging loose on the inside of the cover and i think during time the cover will fall apart.
Titan boardracks with brown stains

If everything is solved under warrenty i will be satisfied but i live in Europe and we have one dealer here. My dealer is trying for me but he is a little player in the eyes of SC.

I had an Moomba before and this warrenty thing is going to be a test if SC will be my next choice again

JmattNC80
05-21-2009, 09:42 AM
2003 Launch LTS here.

No complaints at all. I bought it from my father in law dirt cheap and could sell it today and make 10K. BUT I love it to much. Direct Drive that has a relatively minimal wake. I still slalom so I love that. Load it up with peeps and weight and it throws a nice one for wakeboarding. The only thing I do not like is that it seems to take forever to dry the thing out once it gets wet. My dad has a centurion with snap in carpet that I really like for the convenience. I wish mine had this. Otherwise I am 100% content with it. The only thing that will make me look at other brands is that I hear Supra is no longer making a Direct Drive and I love DD's.

87SunSportMikeyD
05-28-2009, 11:24 AM
Many of these things you could easily fix yourself. An rca cord is $5. Crosstalk from wires is easy to solve, dont run the wires next to each other. For the amount of time spent raising the issue to the dealer you could've fixed those issues yourself. Lots of covers have loose threads on the inside where they dont hem the seams. If your boardracks have a stain that is valid but did you try to remove the stains yet??? Sorry to sound harsh, but...

oldsupra
06-09-2009, 07:31 PM
i have owned 2 malibu 1 1999 sportster and 1 1998 response as well as a lot of other boats i have a new 2008 caravelle interceptor and a old ts6m now we use the caravelle to just play we use the supra as a tow boat as for the supra i love ours its a 1984 BUT after reading the post on this site i would NEVER BUY A NEW ONE not on my life you guys are haveing WAY TOO MUCH TROUBLE WITH THEM i never had a single problem with either malibu we loged over 1200 hrs total on them with only oil changes and such
GO MALIBU

docdrs
03-20-2010, 06:40 PM
testing this

zalamander
04-21-2010, 10:37 AM
I love my Supra.

saltare inverts
04-23-2010, 06:36 PM
I love my Supra because I cant find older inboard for this size. My last boat was a 1983 Corect Craft, much better built boat than my Supra. The only reason I would consider another Supra is because I like this forum and the fellas on it.

PATROLW871
06-15-2011, 01:33 AM
So far so good...It has only been in the water 3 times.....

https://forum.supraboats.com/picture.php?albumid=268&pictureid=2034

Swamplandkarl
06-18-2011, 10:50 PM
I have a 2010 sunsport...I have had a few very minor problems, I will say the dealer was not very good or helpfull on solving them so I ended up calling Skiers Choice myself directly and they were very helpfull and solved all of my issues.
They even called me back and followed up with email to confirm the problems had been solved ....

Over the years I have had other brands and have had some issues with not as good customer service as Skiers Choice..
I would consider them again in the future to purchase a new boat...

Theres not a single brand on the market that you will not at some point and time have somes issues with, so regardless what brand you purchase you better hope you choose a manufacture that will stand behind there product...

Swamp.....

tstruth
07-19-2011, 10:04 PM
I bought a 1986 supra Comp couple weeks back after our Ski Nautique transmission went south. The Comp is a nice boat, it sits a little low in the back. Not sure the hours on the Cleavland 351 the gauge was broken when I bought her. But they are good motors. Holly carb seems to feed plenty of gas to her especially when I take the kids tubing. Need to find a way to decrease my fuel consumption. The fastest she will go is 42. But that fine for me.

rludtke
07-23-2011, 11:45 AM
I bought a 1986 supra Comp couple weeks back after our Ski Nautique transmission went south. The Comp is a nice boat, it sits a little low in the back. Not sure the hours on the Cleavland 351 the gauge was broken when I bought her. But they are good motors. Holly carb seems to feed plenty of gas to her especially when I take the kids tubing. Need to find a way to decrease my fuel consumption. The fastest she will go is 42. But that fine for me.

Maybe your prop has lost a little of its shape? I think the Comp should be capable of 45-46 mph at 4500 rpm. I find that I use more fuel pulling my girls on the tube, then when I pull wakeboards or skiis. I think it is because I spend more time with the secondaries open on the carb (you can hear when they open). I think it must be my driving style. Unfourtunatly, I can't slow down now, as my little girls have become speed freaks! :D

onefast4d
08-02-2012, 02:02 PM
I Love my 88 Supra Mariah. It runs and performs flawlessly. These older boats give you alot more bang for the buck.

Sirgonz
04-30-2013, 09:25 PM
Just picked up a 2012 Supra Sunsport 20V we got a left over on the lot one and so far couldn't be happier.... I haven't got to ride behind her yet as the water here is still only 55 ish and no full suit but it is going to 80's this week so water will warm up nicely. I get SOOOO many compliments on the boat and the Lime green color is eye catching also! 18.5 hours and so far so good!

UKandH
04-29-2015, 05:55 AM
I recently bought a used 93 TS6, one of only 6 here in the UK. Several things that have bugged me is the screen de-laminating due to water ingress along the screen trim and getting in-between the glass plates and plastic laminate. Screens are no longer available so i had to have one made (im a picky git)

Quality of the gauges is poor and i had to replace them all, but it is 22 years old so im not too bothered by it. (now replaced)

Dash material is breaking up where the switched are mounted on the curved panel, so i have replaced it all with carbon.

DO NOT TAKE IT OUT IN LESS THAN PERFECT WEATHER, these things do not like any waves at all, the ride is just awful in anything with a wave, i tried it out when i visited my yacht on the south coast of the UK, launched it 12 miles from my harbour and attempted to navigate to our marina....NO CHANCE. Discretion is the better part of valour so i turned back with the bilge pump running the whole way. Waves break over the gunnel's at low speed .....so next time i will use only on the calmest of seas :)

The wake is AWESOME, perfect for the proper sport of slalom and jump, flattening out at about 27-28mph, not quite as good as my old Nautique for trick speeds and doesnt have that table top at 20mph like the 2001. But with that said it hasnt really affected my trick runs, its just what you get used to though.
Power delivery is perfect from the 351 PCM with later GT head motor. Holley as always requires constant fettling and tinkering to keep it tip top.

I cant fault the build quality of the gel coat / glass / kevlar. so considering its a 22 yr old boat, it is a very capable tournament machine.

Everyone at our club loves its sleek low in the water looks, wake and its power delivery.

Would i buy a new Supra? possibly if they remade the TS6M and copied the format, if not then i would consider a Centurion CarbonPro as it is a *proper* ski boat. I do wakeboard but i am a waterski addict, wakeboarding is just a *to do* distraction when im too tired to run the course :)

All in all, i love my Supra and i just wish they would re-introduce the TS6 and then i would buy it in a heart beat.

Tioned1934
05-04-2016, 02:14 PM
trying it and we will see

gnarlydude
05-05-2016, 01:15 PM
1991 Sunsport
So far, so good.

Weaknesses - Only those already identified by others on the forum (factory EFI, latches, factory exhaust wearing out, gel coat fade).

Strengths - 351, deep hull, timeless looks

I'd even buy another.

Anybody have a Saltare for sale for a fair price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Planstim
05-08-2016, 05:35 AM
very satisfied!