PDA

View Full Version : Hydrofoil tower mount

Fman
09-24-2009, 05:30 PM
This message is for KO1 and Todd, can you guys post some pictures on how you mounted your hydrofoil? I was looking at my tower today and it looks like the only way this would work is to remove one of the wakeboard swivel/tines to free up some space on one side? Is this what you ended up doing?

And wow, $700 for a mount, ouch.... that is going to hurt. I am hoping to get my friends Air Chair used, he is going to upgrade to the V38 model. This might take some sting out of the $700 mounting bracket....

KO1
09-24-2009, 07:52 PM
Yep take the swivel off and mount the rack right on top of the welded square mount on your tower. I'll try to get some pictures of mine and post them.

As far as the AirChair Foil I have ridden a Gy38 front wing and that's it. I do ride the AirChair boards just because I can get them quick. I have broken 3 of these this year. I am waiting on a Carbon Fiber Board as soon as some one makes one that will hold up.

There are a few guys that ride the AirChair stuff and like it. I can't give you an opinion though. I ride a FoilTech T-bar with N2Orbit Wings,AirChair Board and SkySki Evo Tower. All together a little less than $5000 for the set-up. But well worth it.

Call me if I can help you with anything. Keith 919-228-1733

tg0824SSVGG
09-27-2009, 01:30 PM
Here are my 2 Comptech racks. One is a swivel (and has an aftermarket longer
arm on it for stability) - the other is fixed - drivers side.

Fman
09-27-2009, 04:00 PM
Here are my 2 Comptech racks. One is a swivel (and has an aftermarket longer
arm on it for stability) - the other is fixed - drivers side.

Hi Todd,

Do you have a picture with the ski in the holder? and how difficult is it to remove and put it back in the holder?

tg0824SSVGG
09-27-2009, 07:34 PM
Ack- I just put it all away after cleaning the boat from Lake Powell.

The swivel one is MUCH easier to put the ski in and out of - but the other one is
not hard at all.

I will try to get one next time we got out ... getting dicey weather here now. Was high of 44 3 days ago - 78 today ...

Todd

KO1
09-28-2009, 12:57 AM
The swivel Rack is so much easier. The foil weighs a little under 40 lbs so trying to hold it and slide it in a fixed rack from in the boat is a pain. The swivel rack is a little more cost but worth it. I have a CNC guy here that is going to make some of these swivel racks he made 4 last spring for some friends of mine and said when he slows down again he will make a few more. I'll check with him to see when he can get some more made.

Fman
09-29-2009, 01:50 AM
Keep me posted if they become available, I am really trying to find a used one for sale right now.... I am going to have one heck of a time convincing my wife we need to invest $5k in an air chair that she has no interest in doing at this time. I need to get her to try it first, then maybe she will take a liking to it.

I have seen a couple used on Ebay for around $400-500.... seems like a good price.

KO1
09-29-2009, 04:09 PM
I talked with Colin at Air Chair yesterday and he told me that the V38 full set-up was less than $3000. That would be their best model. I have never ridden one so I can't comment. Sky Ski's best model is over $4000 and compared to my foil the ride is not that great. If you can find a FoilTech T-bar http://foiltechhydrofoils.com/default.aspx get the N2Orbit wings (XXX and UFO) http://n2orbit.com/ then any board and the Evo Tower or Rock Tower I think you will be very satisfied and not have to upgrade. Believe me when you start inverts you will want the better set-up. Check with Jake at Velocity Watersports he may be able to hook you up with a great used set-up. http://velocitywatersports.net/