PDA

View Full Version : Morning glass.... awesome.

Fman
09-27-2009, 12:28 AM
Here a couple pics of our day on the water last week. We were boarding at 7:15am, it was awesome, peaceful and incredible water. Hoping to have these conditions for October, weather is holding and water temp was 76 degrees. Couple pics of me boarding, just finally getting the hang of flipping the board around in the air...... one step a time. Ballast is about 60% full, there is more wake available in this boat.

Fman
09-27-2009, 12:40 AM
Some more pics...

jasonba1
09-27-2009, 12:21 PM
i love morning butter, great shots

SUPRA_ALLEGRO_LANE
09-27-2009, 03:44 PM
Great pics thanks for sharing. What Lake is this?

mapleleaf
09-27-2009, 09:41 PM
Everything seems quieter when it's glassy......

Bazel
09-28-2009, 12:08 PM
I am so jealous. That water looks great.

87SunSportMikeyD
09-28-2009, 02:54 PM
Thanks for posting the pics love to see 'em! Please remind me of the location and body of water??

Looking at your pics your knees are bent after taking off from the wake, absorbing all of your pop. When you are preparing to jump and edge into the wake, do not take a 'seated' (sitting in a chair) body position. Instead, bend your knees only slightly and lean against the boat on edge to load the line. When you hit the wake, straighten your legs, push your chest out and pull the handle into your waist. Practice that on dry land to help with muscle memory (yes it looks funny).

When you are initiating your edge into the wake to jump, don't edge hard or 'fast' at all. The first portion of the edge should be the slowest. Gradually increase your edge and wait to apply more pressure until you are in the trough of the wake. The more 'pregressivly' you load the line, you will have better success. Grip it and rip it!

Fman
09-29-2009, 01:35 AM
Thanks for posting the pics love to see 'em! Please remind me of the location and body of water??

Looking at your pics your knees are bent after taking off from the wake, absorbing all of your pop. When you are preparing to jump and edge into the wake, do not take a 'seated' (sitting in a chair) body position. Instead, bend your knees only slightly and lean against the boat on edge to load the line. When you hit the wake, straighten your legs, push your chest out and pull the handle into your waist. Practice that on dry land to help with muscle memory (yes it looks funny).

When you are initiating your edge into the wake to jump, don't edge hard or 'fast' at all. The first portion of the edge should be the slowest. Gradually increase your edge and wait to apply more pressure until you are in the trough of the wake. The more 'pregressivly' you load the line, you will have better success. Grip it and rip it!

MikeyD,

Thanks for the tips, I could use them. I am going out again Wednesday, I will try and follow some of your directions. What you are saying all makes a lot of sense, thanks again for tips.

SUPRA_ALLEGRO_LANE
09-29-2009, 06:56 PM
What Lake is this Fman?

jzelt
09-30-2009, 08:51 AM
SSSHHH!!! It is his secret spot. If he told you, it wouldn't be glass at 7:15 in the morning. All of you would be out at 7:10 yelling about how it was all roughed up...

Fman
10-01-2009, 03:33 PM
SSSHHH!!! It is his secret spot. If he told you, it wouldn't be glass at 7:15 in the morning. All of you would be out at 7:10 yelling about how it was all roughed up...

Uhhh.... lets just say, a little slice of heaven...... as my wife says, that is your happy spot.