PDA

View Full Version : My boat hates me

jonyb
09-30-2009, 01:13 PM
Everytime I've gone out this year I've had a problem with something, as most of you know.

I just got out of the boat with 2 handfuls of screwed up parts. All my ballast dump pumps have shot craps, and I also have 2 sprinker valves that leak by.

Still got a flat tire on the spare wheel from an accident in the first of August. Good thing Boatmate hooked me up with that spare back in May....

Looks like I'll be doing Fman's ballast upgrade this winter, but dump pumps are gonna have to come sooner.

I still haven't got the fuel pump upgrade to resolve the vaporlocking problem. I talked to Knoxville Watersports a few months ago and they needed my hull number to process the warranty. I forgot to call back and today found out that SC has stopped sending out the extra fuel pump under warranty, but I can still buy it.... My fault for waiting so long, but it seems like it's a problem no matter what or how old.

Sorry, just had to vent :)

Skylar18
09-30-2009, 02:13 PM
I feel your pain.....I haven't had boat problems thank god but Marina problems this summer. And it isn't like the Marina is doing anything on purpose but it is like there is a dark cloud over my boat!

I dry stack my boat so they use lifts to take it in and out of the water. Never had a problem before but because of the drought here they had to reconfigure the docks many times. They have done a great job keeping us boating all season but have seem a bit distracted moving the boats around.

They have put a nasty scratch on the side of the boat where they hit a corner of a pier that is too deep to buff out. Definitely will need to have the Fiber Glass guy come out for that one. God knows how much that will cost. (They deny that one but I had just inspected the boat the night before being the anal owner I am looking for "issues")

They have crushed my paddle wheel 3 times now just this summer.

They have put a gash in one blade of my prop twice. They said I must have hit something both times. I asked how is it possible to gash one blade while moving and the other blades be fine and they finally admitted they might have done it. That is 100 dollars each time to fix....

The most expensive problem is since I dry stack my boat and it is too high for anyone to get to my boat we leave all of our Wakeboards and gear on it. With our lake so low they moved some of their most active customers boats into the water so we could get a few more weeks of boating in. They called me Friday night. I immediately thought of all my stuff but couldn't get to the Marina until 8 am the next morning. That is all it took, I lost a couple of wake boards, ropes, and a wake skate.......Of course they are not responsible for lost or stolen items.

Even when my boat had no mechanical problems, I am going to spend a fortune this off season.....

michael hunter
09-30-2009, 07:35 PM
They say they are not responsible. If it were me they would have been done after the first incident.
Take your boat out of there and file a small claims sute to recover the cost of the loss
and damages.

Skylar18
09-30-2009, 09:49 PM
I've been there 6 years and the first 5 were awesome. They took good care of me. This year has just been weird. The lake is down 50 feet and they have been reconfiguring the marina all summer to keep us with access to the lake. If this happens again next year I will be gone!

87SunSportMikeyD
10-01-2009, 10:50 AM
That is messed up, both of you! Sending good karma your way

WadsworthSunsport22V
10-01-2009, 11:29 AM
Everytime I've gone out this year I've had a problem with something, as most of you know.

I just got out of the boat with 2 handfuls of screwed up parts. All my ballast dump pumps have shot craps, and I also have 2 sprinker valves that leak by.

Still got a flat tire on the spare wheel from an accident in the first of August. Good thing Boatmate hooked me up with that spare back in May....

Looks like I'll be doing Fman's ballast upgrade this winter, but dump pumps are gonna have to come sooner.

I still haven't got the fuel pump upgrade to resolve the vaporlocking problem. I talked to Knoxville Watersports a few months ago and they needed my hull number to process the warranty. I forgot to call back and today found out that SC has stopped sending out the extra fuel pump under warranty, but I can still buy it.... My fault for waiting so long, but it seems like it's a problem no matter what or how old.

Sorry, just had to vent :)

I think you forgot to what Boat stands for Break Out Another Thousand. I am at the point that I expect a problem and it is going to cost money. I had another check engine light come on a few weeks ago, and again a cylinder one miss fire. This time I was told the boat just needed a tune up. I have not had a chance to get on the water to see if this resolved the issue. I am traveling for the next several weeks - including weekends. I just hope I can get out before the end of the year. I do not want to go out on the water next year only to find the same problem, but now no warranty to go with it.

KY Steve
10-01-2009, 11:37 AM

Dump pump problems are not just on your boat, issues with mine every time I use them. They will soon join the fate of the boat buddy, fill pump, sprinkler valves, stereo sys, trailer wheels, ect. ect.

Remember, no boat manufacture is perfect. I still love mine :)

jzelt
10-01-2009, 01:11 PM
That is why I buy used. Let the previous owner deal with warranty issues. Around here you get 3 good weeks of use from a typical owner. (We are the exception).

You have to get the bugs worked out, but then you will probably be sick of it and get rid of it. Your issues would not allow me to enjoy it and therefore, not want to go anymore. I expect some issues that we will work thru because I am anal about maintenance, but not the extent you are dealing with in such a new boat.

jonyb
10-01-2009, 02:36 PM
I'm dealing with wear & tear items now. Nothings under warranty. Well, the fuel pump WAS going to be covered when I first approached the issue, but now SC won't honor that anymore (still waiting on the final answer).

Fman
10-01-2009, 03:24 PM
JonyB,

I just converted my ballast dump pumps to Tsunami 800's and I have them mounted directly off the bag, went out yesterday and they drain much better now. I ran a quick disconnect off the pump so I can still remove the bags easily and the pump stays in the boat. I like this setup so much better, it takes the pumps out of the heat in the engine compartment. They prime even better, and when you have to replace one its a 5 minute job.