PDA

View Full Version : Can't get all the water out of the bilge

skibumtx
09-30-2009, 09:42 PM
I have a 2006 Launch 21 that I can't get all the water out of. The bilge pump is in the back of the boat and there is quite a bit of water under the v-drive. Can I install a 2nd pump under the v-drive and tie it into the hose from the original pump? Any other ideas?

KO1
09-30-2009, 10:18 PM
Yes you can!! You are better to epoxy the new pump in because the hull is thin around the V-drive area. I tied into the existing outlet with a check/foot valve in one side.

skibumtx
09-30-2009, 10:36 PM
Where did you get the check valve from? Did you put in 2 of them, one for each pump? I wired the pump into the existing wires, so both come on at the same time.

KO1
09-30-2009, 10:47 PM
The valve usually comes with the bilge pumps. I only put one in blocking the existing pump because the new pump will empty everything before the other pump can get to it.

jzelt
10-01-2009, 01:21 PM
I also noticed water in that area. We trailer so this wasn't a problem for us to resolve as we pulled the drain plug and it all gushed out for about 3 mins on the ramp. The water wasn't deep enough for our bilge pump to even pick it up. (2-3 inches).