PDA

View Full Version : woke up to 38.....

mapleleaf
10-01-2009, 07:04 AM
So I wish I had been able to use my boat a little more this season, but have been almost as happy getting her back in shape!
With 38 on the thermometer this morning, I think my hopes of one or two last rides is fading......
Oh yeah the drivers seat is still in the basement!!!!!! Hail to all you upholsterer's, your job ain't easy!!!

tg0824SSVGG
10-01-2009, 08:03 AM
Have nights like that most of the time here this time of year. But it was still 75
during the day yesterady (although only 50 today) - we're not done yet, we will
ride into early November normally. I just drain the block and heater core each time
back and my wife will switch from a long wetsuit to drysuit.

She rode one time in Feb last year when the air was 79 (WAY ABNORMAL) and the water
was 36

Todd

michael hunter
10-01-2009, 08:48 AM
We were planing one more trip this year. I checked as far as 450 miles south, KY,TENN area they are only in the 60s. Its looking like this year is a rap. With the cold start and early ending I still managed to put on 120 hours this season.

csuggs
10-01-2009, 10:03 AM
I'm still holding out for a couple more Saturdays this month. Should be mid 60's this weekend and our "indian summer" hasn't come yet - we are normally good to ski through the month of October. Sometimes that's the best water because there are not too many other boats out! It was 35 at my house this morning, but the boat is in the garage so no worries.;)

87SunSportMikeyD
10-01-2009, 10:38 AM
had 35 here too and they are lowering my river on 10/12 so pretty much done here too. Super sad. Hopefully keep it in my garage this year. First owned house, just moved in.

jaywidhalm
10-01-2009, 01:34 PM
Had 33 degrees here this morning. Water is about 50. Without a drysuit I think I am done too. Taking it in to get my warranty issues taken care of. Hopefully I will have a good fresh start in the spring. Disappointed I won't be able to test it out after the work is done, but there is always next year.

tg0824SSVGG
10-01-2009, 02:53 PM
Freeze warnings for tonight - ... I HATE THIS TIME OF YEAR!

michael hunter
10-01-2009, 07:09 PM
Mikey
Congrats on the new crib. Does the soup fit without removing the swim platform?

mapleleaf
10-01-2009, 07:52 PM
Pretty cool that this thread is reading almost like a back to school story....Now that I own a boat, fall kind sucks!!!!!!!!Nice work on the home front Mikey, still pretty awesome that you had the boat first....I mean with the camper top it was almost home!!!!

87SunSportMikeyD
10-02-2009, 10:37 AM
Haha good one maple. Thanks guys! Michael honestly I haven;t measured yet, but I will report back this weekend!

tg0824SSVGG
10-02-2009, 05:08 PM
Woke up to 24 this morning ... sure glad I drained everythign day before yesterday ...

mapleleaf
10-02-2009, 06:48 PM
Todd, I'm not ready to talk about the twenties yet, Hoping to get mid 60's here this weekend and go burn off a tank of gas so she'll be easier to work on!!!!!

SZEH
10-03-2009, 04:37 PM
Sorry to report that Atlanta has a light breeze and 76 this afternoon. Started out in the upper 50's this morning. I figure we have about another 3 weeks of this stuff. Then the cold stuff moves in...like the low 60's. Gotta love the south!

mapleleaf
10-03-2009, 06:07 PM
If you enjoy boating in the rain in the 50's come on up to Toronto, I just can't summon the nerve to have a "goodtime" on the water in these conditions!!!!!!

SZEH
10-03-2009, 06:31 PM
If you enjoy boating in the rain in the 50's come on up to Toronto, I just can't summon the nerve to have a "goodtime" on the water in these conditions!!!!!!

Mapleleaf...Hang in there. I know our time is limited here. I've been up to Toronto several years ago in June and it was beautiful! Did the tourist things...CN Tower, Hockey Hall of Fame, etc. It was one of the cleanest and safest cities I've ever been to. Not to mention some really nice folks up there. Before you know it the snow will melt and the ice will thaw and you'll be back on the water!

mapleleaf
10-03-2009, 08:35 PM
LOL, I'm blowing the dust off the snowboard, Toronto is a great place to live, a little big, but great still, thanks.....

Skylar18
10-04-2009, 02:00 PM
I live in the South, the weather is still warm, water temp is still 79 degrees and we usually are out on the lake until around December 1st. However our lake is so low from the extreme drought it is almost impossible to get out on it and when you do it is pretty unnerving trying to not hit anything.

I've attached a picture of the lake right where my marina sits. Every one of those islands you see are usually 20-30 feet under water!

You guys are looking forward for it to get warm again, I'm praying for a typhoon to fill the lake up again!

SZEH
10-05-2009, 04:35 PM
I've attached a picture of the lake right where my marina sits. Every one of those islands you see are usually 20-30 feet under water!

You guys are looking forward for it to get warm again, I'm praying for a typhoon to fill the lake up again!

Skylar18...I feel your pain. We've been through a drought for about two years. Our local lake was about 20' low and just about every ramp was closed. Not only that, it was just to dangerous to get out there.

This is the first summer we are back to normal...a little over 1' down. Of course we just went through the "500 year flood" which didn't hurt the lake level, but did a lot of damage to the Atlanta area.

My son and I bought Kayaks this year so in case our water level goes back down (thanks to the idiots at the Corp of Engineers who run the lake) we should be good to go down to about 6" of water! Either way I'm hitting the lake!!!

Scott

Chachi
10-09-2009, 09:21 AM
Well... I hope all you Supra owners had a great summer with your boats! I just bought mine last weekend and now have to winterize it and put it away. I didn't even get a chance to take it out myself! Thats okay there's always next spring!

SZEH
10-09-2009, 10:06 AM
Well... I hope all you Supra owners had a great summer with your boats! I just bought mine last weekend and now have to winterize it and put it away. I didn't even get a chance to take it out myself! Thats okay there's always next spring!

Congrats...what did ya get?

KO1
10-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Bring it down to Belews Lake in Stokesdale, NC it's a power plant lake we will meet you there and test her out. I have some new HydroFoil gear that needs trying out.

KO

Chachi
10-09-2009, 03:59 PM
I bought a 93 Supra Sunsport. It is this lime green color and came with a tower, racks and fatsacks for 8k! I know the engine was a rebuild about 200 hours ago. It could use some interior work and I may return it but overall its a great boat. I will post pics when I take the cover off for winterizing.

87SunSportMikeyD
10-09-2009, 04:58 PM
ummm yeah you just got the deal of the decade! I paid $7.5k for my 87 SunSport blank.

mapleleaf
10-09-2009, 06:32 PM
Yeah if that things running well for 8k with no wood to go rotten and a tower....That's a great deal!!!
You ever need to find a buyer check this forum first....that might be my dream boat!
Did I just show all my cards? damn!

Chachi
10-13-2009, 08:49 AM
HAHAHA I posted that I was going to return it! I totally meant repaint it! Ya I am super-stoked on this boat as I have been looking for a Supra for quite some time. Originally I was looking for a Saltare but when I saw this I had to check it out. Like I said the interior needs some work and a friend of mine is going to be doing it all over the winter. We have narrowed the color choices to a gray with lime green piping. Another friend is willing to repaint the boat as well. The guys I bought it from had their friend paint over the original red with the lime green and he did a hack job. There was no prepping at all not even sanded or primered he basically sprayed it with a gun and thats it. But what the hell it still looks descent and is the only bright lime green boat I have ever seen. Kinda stands out ya know. So we have talked about repainting it professionally with black and lime green, black being the primary color. I am excited to see the outcome. I will be winterizing it this weekend and will take pics then. i can finally say I am A PROUD SUPRA OWNER!!!!

tg0824SSVGG
10-13-2009, 09:42 AM
Congrats Chachi!! welcome to the family.

There are a lot of black/lime green boats out there - I know Tige had one.

ON this very page, at the upper-right-most corner, click on the "Liquid Force - Brostock Edition" boat link to see Supra's 09 Lime/Black boat. (just making sure you know
yours isn't TOTALLY unique - but still sounds cool)

I have seen Moomba's with Lime Green highlights in the vinyl - but not the piping.

Same boat has lime green "accents" (remember, Moomba is Supra's little brother/sister boat)

http://www.orlandoboats.com/images/boatimages/1222202377V017H_otbkV_1.jpg

Show us some photos!

87SunSportMikeyD
10-13-2009, 09:51 AM
I love the way they did the brostock boat I would kinda follow that plan personally

Chachi
10-14-2009, 02:01 AM
Ya the Brostock wrap is SICK! And I do know there are other boats out there with the same or a little different paint scheme as I. My friend has the 09 24 SSV that is black with the lime green accents by far the sickest Boat I have seen. But i was thinking about doing something different. Who knows i may go completely 180 on this paint job. Ultimately, I would love to wrap it but just can't justify spending 3-4k on one of those.

boatin_nut
10-16-2009, 10:56 AM
I hear ya fellas. i'm in the milwaukee area and i hardly got to use my boat this year. it's hard to put her away for the season. Need to move somewhere warmer so i can get more use out of it.

tg0824SSVGG
10-16-2009, 11:00 AM
It's not much different here in Northern Colorado - but I still put over 120 hours on the boat this year - and that's a slow year for us! YOU CAN DO IT!

We're probably going out on Sunday, supposed to be 74 degrees (water is in mid-50's)

Then, I will re-winterize (but hopefully not for the last time) - this is the way boating
in this part of the country goes. You CAN put it away for the year, or play this game ...

Of course, people like my wife will go to places like Florida several times this winter
to compete on her hydrofoil - like NEXT WEEK - while I stay home and .... stare out
the window.

:o)

Skylar18
10-22-2009, 11:02 AM
Finally got some rain here! Lake is going up 11 feet by tomorrow night! Now we are only 22 feet below average and 40 feet from being full.

Of course last week the wife detailed the interior ( 10 hour job) to get it ready for the winter and when I told her we could probably take the boat out again this year she threw a book at me.......I'm sure this will be a fight but maybe the season isn't over yet.

We usually clean up the boat with full detail in the fall, then in the spring we are boating while everyone fights for work dock space at the marina if you wonder why we do it in the fall... Works well for us.

wotan2525
10-22-2009, 01:30 PM
I hear ya fellas. i'm in the milwaukee area and i hardly got to use my boat this year. it's hard to put her away for the season. Need to move somewhere warmer so i can get more use out of it.

I'm in St. Paul and had about ~180 hours this season. ;)

87SunSportMikeyD
10-23-2009, 10:06 AM
Dude I thought you were in Hudson - You live in St Paul??? I am in Mnpls and so is Fecal_Fajita what up with that??

wotan2525
10-23-2009, 01:09 PM
Dude I thought you were in Hudson - You live in St Paul??? I am in Mnpls and so is Fecal_Fajita what up with that??

Well... Hudson is only 15 minutes from downtown St. Paul. ;) So... i'm in the suburbs, actually.

And I thought you were in St. Cloud??

87SunSportMikeyD
10-23-2009, 03:53 PM
nooooooo girlys family is from st c, but we live in Mnpls west suburbs, Plymoth. Ride the Mississippi in Anoka, NW suburbs. We will HAVE to jam next summer. I would love to check your spot too, st croix, right?

tg0824SSVGG
10-23-2009, 04:30 PM
MikeyD,

Some DEAR friends of ours are in Plymouth - Dan and MJ.

They are hydrofoilers - she's currently the number one female rider in the sport, chased closely by KO1's girlfriend (fiance, I think) and my wife - and a young lady in FL.

What a small world.

Todd

87SunSportMikeyD
10-23-2009, 05:14 PM
That is awesome! Well hopefully we could meet up someday somehow that would be fun. I only get to travel once a year, if that, so that usually means some where warm in winter. :) I might make it to CO sometimes to snowboard someday, but it sure sounds nice in summer!!!

wotan2525
10-28-2009, 02:38 PM
nooooooo girlys family is from st c, but we live in Mnpls west suburbs, Plymoth. Ride the Mississippi in Anoka, NW suburbs. We will HAVE to jam next summer. I would love to check your spot too, st croix, right?

Yep. My boast wasn't dipped anywhere BUT the st. croix this year. It's pretty sketchy for wakeboarding (especially when water levels are down like ALL YEAR this year....) but its great for partying, surfing and people watching. Blake from Forest Lake Motorsports throughs a couple of big parties out here every year and he usually gets a solid group of supras. It would be good to see some more people from the forum represent next year. This year it rained (alllll day!) and we still had 20+ boats out.

87SunSportMikeyD
10-28-2009, 04:43 PM
That's kewl my spot in the Mississippi is 7miles long of 10 - 14' deep dredged river above a dam.

tg0824SSVGG
10-28-2009, 06:19 PM
I just scraped about 14" of snow off the cover of my boat ... YUCK.

mapleleaf
10-28-2009, 07:01 PM
I'm sorry did you say 14" ????OMG

tg0824SSVGG
10-28-2009, 07:03 PM
Yup - I pulled it off now, because it's supposed to be upwards of 24-28" by tomorrow evening. October ... this time last year, we were still in the water!

mapleleaf
10-28-2009, 08:57 PM
ah, the life in the mountains......