PDA

View Full Version : Roswell Kicker cans and amp - Good Price?

viking
10-05-2009, 07:35 PM
I'm looking at (4) 2 pair of Roswell cans with Kicker speakers 6 1/2 in (factory setup in 07) with kicker ZX250.2 amp for $400. Deal or NO DEAL?

wotan2525
10-06-2009, 04:16 PM
I think this is a GREAT price.... If I were you (and I tend to overdo it) I'd probably skip the amp (or sell it... or add another one) and get something bigger. If you bridge each channel into 2 ohms, you're still only looking at 125watts/side.... or ~62w per speaker. I think you'll be much happier with twice that.

viking
10-06-2009, 08:20 PM
I think this is a GREAT price.... If I were you (and I tend to overdo it) I'd probably skip the amp (or sell it... or add another one) and get something bigger. If you bridge each channel into 2 ohms, you're still only looking at 125watts/side.... or ~62w per speaker. I think you'll be much happier with twice that.

Thanks Wotan. I 'm planning on buying a 3rd amp as well and thought of that. Figured it might not be enough power and I have a sub and 1 amp right now. 3 amps seems to be the way to go to ensure enough to drive everything. Thanks for the opinons...........
I'm partial to JL audio but the amp is in the deal so figured why not?

87SunSportMikeyD
10-07-2009, 12:49 PM
Why get cans and car speakers when you can get the KMT6 w/ horn for $220ish??? Seems like more amps would be WAY more expensive since you need to run seperate power and ground wires? Or do you not?

wotan2525
10-07-2009, 05:45 PM
Why get cans and car speakers when you can get the KMT6 w/ horn for $220ish??? Seems like more amps would be WAY more expensive since you need to run seperate power and ground wires? Or do you not?

I think the KMT6s are fine.... but UGLY!

I've never been impressed with the sound from them, but I doubt I've ever heard any that are powered correctly.

viking
10-07-2009, 09:36 PM
I think the KMT6s are fine.... but UGLY!

I've never been impressed with the sound from them, but I doubt I've ever heard any that are powered correctly.

DITTO Wotan......I just can't get over the look of them. They might sound great if powered but I can't see myself buying them.

viking
10-18-2009, 11:23 PM
those of you with KMT6 Kickers...............do you like/dislike them?