PDA

View Full Version : Rear Tsunami Drain Pump Pics

Fman
10-07-2009, 10:36 PM
Just finished replacing the RULE rear drain pumps with Tsunami 800's. Pretty simple install, I have attached some pics. They are working much better now, draining out about 95% of the water. I also like the fact the pumps are no longer in the engine compartment and away from the heat. It is now also a 5 minute job to replace the pump now. You can still quick disconnect the bags with this setup. I also did the front center bag as well, placing the Tsunami on the floor next to the bilge pump, could not get a good picture of it.

Sluggo
10-08-2009, 07:50 AM
FMan,

Why the extension on the fill lines? Is that because you are running 750's which are taller than stock bags?

Dave

tg0824SSVGG
10-08-2009, 08:35 AM
Yikes - I would be worried about the sharp ends on the hose clamps. I seem to recall
you asking about a clamp somewhere, but I would at least wrap tape around them - they look like a knife ready to cut the bag ... Thanks for the pictures, now I can see what you did with the pump - I wasn't getting it from just the words...

Fman
10-08-2009, 03:36 PM
FMan,

Why the extension on the fill lines? Is that because you are running 750's which are taller than stock bags?

Dave

Thats exactly why, I have the 750's and the fill line was not long enough and was going to pull/tear the fitting off when the bags are full. I also used the flexible "no kink" line which I am a big fan of. Its much more durable than the standard stock black hose line Supra is using.

Fman
10-08-2009, 03:38 PM
Yikes - I would be worried about the sharp ends on the hose clamps. I seem to recall
you asking about a clamp somewhere, but I would at least wrap tape around them - they look like a knife ready to cut the bag ... Thanks for the pictures, now I can see what you did with the pump - I wasn't getting it from just the words...

Hi Todd,

Actually they are not too sharp, but I will be wrapping them in some type of tape for a little extra safety to avoid a puncture. I was trying to avoid using duck tape because it looks terrible. I am trying to find a durable black tape that would hold up to the heat in summer. Any ideas?

Travis

KY Steve
10-08-2009, 04:54 PM
Hi Todd,

Actually they are not too sharp, but I will be wrapping them in some type of tape for a little extra safety to avoid a puncture. I was trying to avoid using duck tape because it looks terrible. I am trying to find a durable black tape that would hold up to the heat in summer. Any ideas?

Travis

I use rubber electrical insulating tape a lot and it would work great for this application. It's made of rubber and you stretch it to activate, once you wrap it back onto itself it bonds as one unit. Its made for splicing electrical connections. You can probably find it at an electrical supply house, I get samples through work.

Fman
10-08-2009, 09:58 PM
I use rubber electrical insulating tape a lot and it would work great for this application. It's made of rubber and you stretch it to activate, once you wrap it back onto itself it bonds as one unit. Its made for splicing electrical connections. You can probably find it at an electrical supply house, I get samples through work.

Steve,

I will check into this, if you have any links I could check out on the web, please send them my way. Thanks for the info.....

KY Steve
10-09-2009, 01:22 PM
Steve,

I will check into this, if you have any links I could check out on the web, please send them my way. Thanks for the info.....

This is 3Ms version, there are other manufactures that make it also.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/3MElectrical/Home/ProductsServices/Products/SolutionsCatalog/?PC_7_RJH9U5230GE3E02LECIE20OUP7_nid=SZ13NWVCGZbeC KZWSKS2T3gl

jasonwm
10-27-2009, 02:15 PM
Looks great Travis! I would recommend using heat shrink to cover the sharp edges of the hose clamps.

For anyone else that is interested, we can custom make new lines using the same hose Supra does from the factory with crimp connectors so there aren't any sharp ends exposed. Just contact us with the length you need, and what connectors you want. There is no extra charge for this service.