PDA

View Full Version : Repairs for next season

csuggs
10-08-2009, 03:15 PM
Well I guess I'm about ready to give up hope in another good boating weekend. Now I need to get the boat ready to take to Maryville for repairs. Viper Customs is going to do the rebuild this winter, and I'm already looking forward to getting it back! New stringers and floor, carpet, rubrail, some hull repairs and maybe, just maybe, a custom tower. My main reason for wanting the tower is so that I can use the rear seat - I don't like all my passengers in the front, especially the heavier ones!
I know that Jim will do a great job on the boat - so I'm already looking forward to next season!

Fman
10-08-2009, 03:56 PM
Well I guess I'm about ready to give up hope in another good boating weekend. Now I need to get the boat ready to take to Maryville for repairs. Viper Customs is going to do the rebuild this winter, and I'm already looking forward to getting it back! New stringers and floor, carpet, rubrail, some hull repairs and maybe, just maybe, a custom tower. My main reason for wanting the tower is so that I can use the rear seat - I don't like all my passengers in the front, especially the heavier ones!
I know that Jim will do a great job on the boat - so I'm already looking forward to next season!

I am planning on dropping my boat off in November for winterization and to have some warranty work performed. I was happy to see SC is replacing my rudder, fixing a gelcoat flaw and replacing a bilge pump with no hassles. So far, SC has been backing up everything with there warranty.

I am becoming a believer in SC, I know others have had problems, but so far, so good!

csuggs
10-08-2009, 04:05 PM
That's great that you're getting good service - that makes all the difference. It's especially nice to deal with people that know what they're doing!

87SunSportMikeyD
10-10-2009, 10:13 AM
fman that is good to hear. Suggs do you wake?

jonyb
10-10-2009, 10:44 AM
fman, who's doing the work on your boat? A dealer?

suggs, good luck. I've met Jim a months back and he's a pretty nice guy.

csuggs
10-10-2009, 06:16 PM
Mikey - yeah we wake. I think I know where you're going with this and my son is already trying to get me to install ballast at the same time the floor is done . . .

The Sunsport already throws a pretty good wake, and on my budget I think my money would be better spent on a tower so that I can put some "weighty" guys in the back seat while towing. Right now everyone has to be up front. But, I know, ballast would do wonders . . . .

We will consider it. :D

87SunSportMikeyD
10-11-2009, 09:30 AM
Tower first, then ballast. Personally I think there is plenty of storage space for sacs already. Do you have a tower in mind? Where do you store the boat in on- and off-season? Would you need to collapse the tower and if so, how flat?

csuggs
10-12-2009, 08:48 AM
Mikey -

The boat is stored in my garage all season so the tower will have to collapse. I've already talked to Jim at Viper and my thought is to have him build a custom tower that will collapse so I can put the boat into the garage - I have a slightly over-sized door in the bay where I keep the boat. ;) Also, he will glass-in some reinforcement pads under the gunnels when he has the deck off. This will give some really good strength to the tower and it's mounting. So - as long as the money holds out, that's my plan.

jasonba1
10-12-2009, 09:47 AM
csuggs I have seen some of Jim tower creations and they look awesome.

csuggs
10-12-2009, 10:07 AM
Yeah - I just got off the phone with him. Planning to drop my boat off the weekend of Nov 6-7. Not sure yet if it will be late Friday afternoon, or Saturday morning. I'm hoping there will be some cool stuff to look at - I think I've got the wife wanting a tower because we have friends with V-drive boats and full utilization of their seating. She understands that we can use all of our seating with a tower. And of course, we will have to incorporate a bimini to go with it. She's making the trip to TN with me, so I hope we can see some of Jim's work while we are down there. ;-)

87SunSportMikeyD
10-12-2009, 10:17 AM
Awesome! Keep in mind that a Monster is around $1200, a Titan is around 1400 and a New Dimension custom is around 16-1800 (I think). Just dont want to see you overpay for a tower, there certainly are some amazing towers being made nowadays.

csuggs
10-12-2009, 11:03 AM
Good thinking Mikey - I'll definately check tower prices before I commit.

mapleleaf
10-12-2009, 01:28 PM
I've been watching tower sales on ebay lately and seems there are deals to be had.....watch for krypt and arrial assault 1 day no reserves!!!!!

87SunSportMikeyD
10-12-2009, 03:20 PM
I have had reservations about those brand in the past but I am thinking they have upped the quality in the last couple years from the ones I have seen around these boards they look pretty nice. Monster has a 5year warranty though..:)

Blackntan90
10-12-2009, 06:25 PM
Csuggs, that is awesome that you are having all that done!! Can't wait for the pic's!!