PDA

View Full Version : 1987 Supra Saltare

ptrkmrfy
10-16-2009, 11:07 AM
Our baby needs a new home.
Boat starts right up and runs very good, bilge, blower and lights all work. Boat has 464 hours on a 454 Chevy/PCM engine. Does have normal wear but still has plenty of life left in it, will pull several skiers and multiple tubes and makes a big wake. It does have a full mooring cover and traditional cockpit covers. All skis, wakeboards and tubes ropes are included in price. Trailer is a double axle with disc brakes. For sale for $8000

wotan2525
10-16-2009, 01:51 PM
Looks like a fair price for a clean boat. More pictures will probably help you. I'm guessing it's a late 87 because of the chrome railing in the back of the boat -- my early 87 had a teak railing.

Also, trailer looks MINT!

Good luck!

mapleleaf
10-17-2009, 12:59 PM
More pics would be great.....That's a great looking boat.
How far's Richardson from Dallas??? Or Austin,
This is the boat I wish I had.....my wife's gonna kill me.......

michael hunter
10-17-2009, 03:33 PM
Go for it maple I'm in northern Indiana if you need a stopover let me know if I can help.

86Pirata454
10-18-2009, 09:31 AM
condition of floors and stringers?

ptrkmrfy
10-18-2009, 08:31 PM
Hi to all,
will post more images tomorrow.
Richardson is due north of Dallas (15 min) - stay on 75 north and it is right next to Dallas (Texas Instruments HQ as a ref)
Trailer in good shape - '91 again from original owner.
The floor and stringers are all original (no weak spots) some softball size soft
spots

87SunSportMikeyD
10-19-2009, 12:43 PM
Shes a beauty thats for sure looks a lot like my paint scheme. Good luck sir!

wotan2525
10-19-2009, 03:04 PM
Shes a beauty thats for sure looks a lot like my paint scheme. Good luck sir!

It's the same paint scheme as my boat... but here's the weird thing. I have another friend with an 87 saltare... also red over white. You would think it would be the same shade but when we park them next to each other.... his is clearly a much darker red. It's really strange that they would make the boat in two different shades so close together... my guess? The guy mixing the gel-coat pigments had bad eyes or a drinking problem.

ptrkmrfy
10-19-2009, 05:35 PM
Hi 87SunsportMikeyD and wotan2525 - thanks for notes. and I have heard same thing from other supra guys colors are off sometimes. Maybe those folks from Tenn. are having a Jack and ? at lunch time.

jet
10-19-2009, 05:40 PM
That baby is clean looking. NICE!

jet
10-19-2009, 05:59 PM
Hey Im in Mckinney, tx. Lets have a supra party!

ptrkmrfy
10-19-2009, 08:36 PM
Here is a way to see 10 more photos -

http://picasaweb.google.com/ptrkmrfy/SupraSaltare1987?feat=directlink

ptrkmrfy
10-19-2009, 08:37 PM
Jet would love to, but already did the winterization. What do you have?

ptrkmrfy
10-19-2009, 11:02 PM
Ngavdba - was living in UT until this summer and then moved to Dallas area in mid July, have not registered here yet is all

chautauquasun
10-20-2009, 12:16 AM
Hey Maple....go for it. You need a bigger boat. We could set up a trailering convoy. I think we had some takers for Allegro Lane wanting to get a boat cross country. I am sure there are plenty of guys on here who could help you out. I will pick up the boat on the southern boarder of PA/WV stateline and trailer it to Erie for you, or what the heck it is only anohter 90 minutes to Buffalo...gonna need some guys to get it through the southern states...I am sure Clint would pick up in WV and get it to me in PA. So there you go two states down...maybe Jasonba1 could get it through TN. Almost to Toronto.....any other guys out there willing to help Maple? :-)

michael hunter
10-20-2009, 08:31 AM
Im in NW Indiana I will help if I can.

mapleleaf
10-20-2009, 08:52 AM
Your generosity is awesome......I think the dream was border line technicolor! I need to settle down, finish my boat so I can at least feel good about selling, loss or not! The bigger boat will come it's just super hard to pass up a low hour creampuff like the Salty.....
I think I'd endevour the road trip and stop off for visits ( would be great to faces to these forum handles!) on the way back, I have family in Dallas and don't get there too often! Something in my genetics (my dad) makes me want to go great distances for vehicle purchases!
I think we need to revisit this in the spring....
Ptrk great boat, if you've still got it when I sell mine, maybe we can talk turkey!

ptrkmrfy
10-26-2009, 11:01 AM
Images uploaded

ptrkmrfy
10-26-2009, 11:56 AM
Hear are a bunch more images

87SunSportMikeyD
10-26-2009, 03:20 PM
Lookin good!!! Interior looks nice from the pics. Do you board/surf? Likin the fiberglass platform with comfy pads and the transom d-rings for the tiedowns and also for a nice transom pad for surfboard ding protection. Let me know if you want tips for bigger pics. Also it's nice to add your model/year to your signature.

mapleleaf
10-26-2009, 10:41 PM
I can't look at this boat anymore or I'll end up in TX in debt!!!!

ptrkmrfy
11-02-2009, 11:06 AM
Hi SunSport Mikey D,
We board / and a little surf - Mostly have been doing a lot of skiing,tubing and Air Chair. We were lucky the owner before added alot of those extras you noted. Thanks for the heads up on the photos. please send heads up if you could. As for model/year to sig, where do you do that?? is it part of profile?

87 Saltare

ptrkmrfy
11-02-2009, 11:10 AM
Mapleleaf, be patient and sell yours first. find a good home for the Conbrio first. If meant to be then it will happen. We waited almost 2 yrs to find this one and have been really happy that we did.

87 Saltare

ptrkmrfy
11-02-2009, 11:15 AM
Mapleleaf, be patient and sell yours first. find a good home for the Conbrio first. If meant to be then it will happen. We waited almost 2 yrs to find this one and have been really happy that we did.

87 Saltare

87SunSportMikeyD
11-05-2009, 07:52 PM
to post images in the thread you want to use code:
[ img ] httplink [ / img ]
But remove all the spaces. Link directly to your picture - this means you need to upload it to your gallery (wakeboarder.com, photobucket.com, or supra gallery here, etc). View the pic in your gallery, right click, properties, copy that link location.

How has the surfing been? Saltare should be able to kick a belly button high wave incredible! Try a 750lb sac on the floor in the rear and wave should be rockin! Check my pics for how the SunSport wave can look. So fun! Hope everything is going well.

wotan2525
11-09-2009, 02:53 PM
to post images in the thread you want to use code:
[ img ] httplink [ / img ]
But remove all the spaces. Link directly to your picture - this means you need to upload it to your gallery (wakeboarder.com, photobucket.com, or supra gallery here, etc). View the pic in your gallery, right click, properties, copy that link location.

How has the surfing been? Saltare should be able to kick a belly button high wave incredible! Try a 750lb sac on the floor in the rear and wave should be rockin! Check my pics for how the SunSport wave can look. So fun! Hope everything is going well.

I think you'd want more weight than that. On my saltare we dip the rub-rail running ~1800lbs as far back and in the corner as possible. This is with the manual wakeplate set slightly up. Weight in the front will lengthen the pocket a little bit but it's a super delicate balance for me.

87SunSportMikeyD
11-10-2009, 08:47 PM
Well yeah, especially in a Saltare, but I figured it would be a good starting point and if you were to buy your first sac I would make it a 750. :) But of course I would recommend a 350 in the rear locker too, and more if possible. Once you are ready for it.