PDA

View Full Version : Supra's new tower option?

thescott
10-19-2009, 05:18 PM
Looks like SC is in the process of updating their site bit by bit for the 2010 stuff. They have the VISION system info on the home page where they used to have the supra ride system. They've added a few new boat pics here and there too.

Take a look at the new World's boat...I take it this is the new tower option that's been mentioned. I was excited to see what they'd come up with. To each is own...but in my opinion, FAIL.

http://www.supraboats.com/worldspackage/

Some other things they've changed on the site.

New LF edition graphic.
http://www.supraboats.com/liquidforce/

Vision info and manual
http://www.supraboats.com/vision/

Yeah...work is slow and I've got WAY too much time on my hands.

tg0824SSVGG
10-19-2009, 05:30 PM
Hmmm - Natalie told me they would be getting the new models out here bit by bit (she works at Indmar now, by the way).

Not sure what I think ...

That tower - strange, it looks like a Titan tower and an illusion tower had babies ... ( :o) )

thescott
10-19-2009, 06:03 PM
Looks similar to the MB Tomcat tower. Didn't like that one either.

KO1
10-19-2009, 08:15 PM
I love the looks of the new tower!!! I want one. The graphics are great.

tg0824SSVGG
10-19-2009, 08:31 PM
Rebel! (lol!) - I would like to see one in person. I would like to know what it's like to not have
the front part of the bar "in the way" - where/how do you mount a mirror???

(I have 2 mirrors now, one on either side - they are CRITICAL to me)

KO1
10-19-2009, 08:48 PM
Rebel! (lol!) - I would like to see one in person. I would like to know what it's like to not have
the front part of the bar "in the way" - where/how do you mount a mirror???

(I have 2 mirrors now, one on either side - they are CRITICAL to me)

Yea I know what you mean I have two mirrors also. So I too would like to see what option they have for that.

cmathis
10-20-2009, 12:00 PM
I LOVE the new tower and the vision system. It's making me want to sell my 08 22SSV and get a new worlds 22. My dealer also said it would be after January 1st on the new tower.

87SunSportMikeyD
10-20-2009, 12:28 PM
Wow just saw this stuff super kewl! I would have to see it in person to really have an opinion, but just from looks I prefer the Natique FCT3 with hydrolic wire assist that thing is minimal, simple to operate and simple spinner racks.

I would guess for mirrors you would need to use mirrors with vertical arms like for Illusion tower.

jet
10-21-2009, 06:56 PM
My input, Supra missed on that one. Not even close, tryong to hard to be diff.

Felony stop: SUPRA! PUT THE PIPE DOWN..WALK AWAY FROM THE PIPE!

KO1
10-21-2009, 08:56 PM
I like the idea behind this tower.

http://www.airsling.com/powertower.cfm

Salty87
10-21-2009, 09:08 PM
My input, Supra missed on that one. Not even close, tryong to hard to be diff.

Felony stop: SUPRA! PUT THE PIPE DOWN..WALK AWAY FROM THE PIPE!

first thing i thought of was nautique. seems to me they're late to the party and playing catch up. either way, no thanks.

mapleleaf
10-21-2009, 09:43 PM
I guess I have some catch up to do.....to wrapped up in the older boats......
Whatever happened to Harley Earl's idea of flowing lines???? Definitely not for me that tower, don't love that new nautique one either...keep it simple, stupid....

wotan2525
10-23-2009, 02:27 PM
I like the idea behind this tower.

http://www.airsling.com/powertower.cfm

Fail. People spend a LOT of money on ropes and handles that don't have any flex. The last thing people want is a tower that is going to work against them to generate speed and pop off of the wake. It is a miserable idea to add a shock-absorbing setup to any wakeboard tower.

87SunSportMikeyD
10-23-2009, 04:12 PM
Wotan it actually works the other way... it is a spring (air pressure), and when you cut or laod the line, the spring compresses. Then when you release, it springs higher. Its goofy and expensive but I think it works somewhat.. someone here has one for foil. Todd?

KO1
10-23-2009, 04:18 PM
Fail. People spend a LOT of money on ropes and handles that don't have any flex. The last thing people want is a tower that is going to work against them to generate speed and pop off of the wake. It is a miserable idea to add a shock-absorbing setup to any wakeboard tower.

It depends on the application. I have 15' of tube rope in my main line for better smoother landings. I have ridden behind the Airsling and a Cheater Tower, Both have a little give on take-off and landings. You obviously have not ridden with either if you think you are going to lose speed and pop. LOL
Do you compete or just ride once in a while??

tg0824SSVGG
10-23-2009, 04:34 PM
Wotan,

I have an AirSling (not the tower, just the sling) on my boat. My wife hates riding without it. It saves her shoulders/elbows. Yes, she rides with a non-stretch rope on this, but
it's NOT like it's a SLINGSHOT - it's subtle.

But - she can tell the difference in fatigue when she rides without one (I hear all the same
comments about the Cheater Tower).

She actually feels like she goes BIGGER with it ... perhaps it's just because it
adds nearly 2' of height to the tower, I am not sure.

Todd

87SunSportMikeyD
10-23-2009, 05:19 PM
Well the reason boarders dont like stretch is because it is a horizontal pull that jerks you toward the boar and off axis. I tend to think we have gone a little overboard on no-stretch, it really kills my elbows/shoulders with tendonitis each year. Tried a 5' ski takeoff but not much difference. Looking for a better elbow brace.

tg0824SSVGG
10-23-2009, 06:16 PM
MikeyD - my wife was having the same issues with shoulders/elbows - which is why
we bought the AirSling (they are not cheap). She claims it makes all the difference
in the world.

(She's in Orlando at a hydrofoil competition right now, while I sit here at work).

Some people have started taking like a 5' "stretch rope, as you're saying - and they
like it - but perhaps you should try it BEFORE you're already hurting? like next spring?

Todd

WadsworthSunsport22V
10-24-2009, 01:57 AM
Is it just me, or does it look like the bow is ready ready to scoop the water into the boat? It looks even more dramatic than the my 07 Supra bow.

iwakeboard
10-26-2009, 08:52 AM
Is it just me, or does it look like the bow is ready ready to scoop the water into the boat? It looks even more dramatic than the my 07 Supra bow.

I think it was weighted for the Gravity Games, therefore amazing leg-shattering ballast.

tre
10-30-2009, 01:44 PM
I understand the functionality of the new tower. I assume it is to get the front tower legs out of the drivers vision. I waited a couple weeks to see if that would grow on me. no. WOW, is that uguly. The combo of fiberglass and metal looks like a cruel joke. I would guess they will not sell many. Thank goodness it is optional. yuck! The fiberglass swooping forward the metal swooping rearward, the combination of materials, the Z5 cargo bimini hanging in space - it all just looks so wrong. I hope they did not spend much R&D money on that abomination.

iwakeboard
11-01-2009, 11:26 PM
It's actually not fiberglass, it's clad metal and pipe assembled together, and all of it is made at XTP. It's strong as hell.

87SunSportMikeyD
11-05-2009, 02:26 PM
They are not the only ones to have a half-polished, half-black tower. Check the new Mailbu WW Ghost out on their main page or in the forums.