PDA

View Full Version : Raw Water Strainer Question

supracomp99
03-13-2004, 09:38 PM
Would a 1999 Supra Comp have a raw water strainer installed by the factory? I'm under the impression that I don't have one, but I want to check.

Friends have suggested that I install a raw water strainer on my boat if it does not have one. Can someone point me to a link where I can see a picture(s) of a strainer, and preferably also purchase one? I'm pretty sure that I don'The dealer wants to charge >$100 to install one which seems pricey. I was under the impression that they cost $30 to $40 and that installation was doable without going through a dealer.

Salty87
03-16-2004, 06:01 PM
very simple install, i'd go to www.skidim.com to buy. here's a pic from their site:
http://www.skidim.com/images/she18016_THUMBNAIL.jpg

to see if yours has one, pop the hood and find the water intake hose. the strainer goes on this hose immediately before the tranny cooler. **it is on d-drives**

you'll need to know the size of the hose to order, maybe. skidim has the answer to most questions.

to install, you're going to cut the intake hose and put the strainer in. there should be some attachments to connect the hose to the strainer. that's it. very easy.

if your hose is old and brittle, you may need to replace it. i had to but my boat is an '87. if so, be sure to use marine approved reinforced hose. its not too cheap.