PDA

View Full Version : Pricing 21V Launch ?

ssmith
10-21-2009, 12:16 AM
Guys I've decided to sell my 2005 launch:(. I have it listed here in the classifieds section. What do you think about the pricing? I'm willing to negotiate a little but not much wiggle room. I think it seems very fair based on what I've seen on other sites but what are your thoughts?

Fman
10-21-2009, 12:28 AM
Your boat looks very clean and well taken care of. Just to let you know, I paid $40k for my 2008 Sunsport 22V, brand new with all options available. I did not have the tower speakers or extra amp. MSRP on my boat was $64k, but given the state of the economy they drastically reduced the price. I was in my dealers showroom last week and they still have '08 boats that have not sold yet.... which scares me, I hope they can survive this economic mess.

I think $34k is a fair price, but in this market it might be a tough sale.... it sounds like a good place to start... best of luck selling, sorry to see the boat go. Why are you selling it?

thescott
10-21-2009, 01:15 PM
Sorry for the hijack...

But DAYUM! You paid $40k for your sunsport FMAN? I though I got a great deal on my 08 22ssv with all but the tower speakers at $54k OTD! I did buy in the dead of summer season 08 and before the 09's hit the dealers so I know I paid a premium to get what I wanted when I wanted it...But DAYUM! $40k! That's about the best deal I've heard of! I'm actually a little depressed now...

OK...sorry again for the hijack. That's all I got.

Nice Boat ssmith - good luck with the sale!

venom93corba
10-21-2009, 10:14 PM
Well just to add another one I paid 43k for my 2k9 21v. I would of loved the worlds but 53k would of been out my range.

Nate54SoCal
10-22-2009, 02:16 AM
SSmith,
first off, very nice ride. As someone who's currently in the market, I personally think 34K is a little steep. Case in point, I've been looking at similar '05 SSVs, both 21 & 22s, and I think the price people are willing to pay is closer to 30K (or less). I'm actually finalizing a deal on an '05 22SSV, loaded, for 28K. I personally think the deal I'm getting is awesome, but if you're selling in the middle of winter, you're probably going to take some on the chin. You may not be able to go that low, but I've seen Supras in the mid 30's for months and they are still for sale. Just my observation, good luck with the sale.

jzelt
10-22-2009, 02:57 PM
I think that it is also based on location and demand. I know in PA of a few wakeboard designed boats in the waterway's we frequent. (not just a tower on an i/o). We paid 30K for our 04 22 SSV. But there isn't another one around let alone a dealer for Supra.

I know when looking online, most of the boats are out west of this style, so I would expect to get them much cheaper.

ssmith
10-22-2009, 03:53 PM
Thanks everyone for the replies. I'm just kinda testing the water to see what my options are. I'd prob be willing to take low $30's for it but not much less. I don't really need to sell the boat but I thought that if I did, it would perhaps free me up for a new one in the spring. However, the more i think about...the more i realize that I should just keep what I have. It's an awesome boat and I'm familiar with it. Thanks again.

Nate54SoCal
10-22-2009, 10:07 PM
jzelt,

I agree location has a little to do with it. On the other hand, shipping a boat across the states will only run about 1Kish. If one can get a boat for 27K on the west or central states and pay 1K to ship it, they could still in for under 35K.

ssmith,
if you don't need to sell, I would say now is definitely not the time. You have a nice ride, keep it for another year or two and then consider a new one. But it never hurts to test the waters. You never know, someone might bite. Good luck.