PDA

View Full Version : 95 Super Sport Nauti????

87SunSportMikeyD
10-24-2009, 01:18 AM
Hey all -

Late post so please excuse me hiccup! What's that? Umm well yes I know. I'm sorry. I know its off brand. But... well... Who doesn't want that first V-drive? Yes I love my SS. But I have been thinking could roll a V for a few K more?, would you? I just wanted to make conversation on this topic. It's fall. Chat me up.

Ehh? Oh I'm sorry. I am on a shoestring budget - into my first DD, looking to pay out and then upgrade to a V. For those in the know, the common budget V's are the 95 MC 205V (mastercraft 20.5') or 95 SN Super Sport Nauti.

I have never ridden the MC. The SN everyone says is the same as the Sport Nautis and the same as the 2001's etc.

I rode a 03SAN and it was unreal. BUT - I rode my buddies 94 Sport and if it is like the 95 Super Sport, I'm not positively sold - for example, the freeboard was low, the seats were low, the bow had ZERO storage under the cushions, there was little storage, etc.

IMO the V-drive would totally kill the wake of the dd, just based on the shape of the hull, but I would love to hear if anyone out there has any comments or opinions on early CC 90's Super Sport V-drives.

Yes I am searching WW and correctcraft fan but I just thought it was worth throwin out there to my buds. First V? what would you do?

Oh and here is the local deal making me really think!!!
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/boa/1417239137.html
hmm it used to have pics.

jet
10-25-2009, 05:31 PM
Dude..that is a AWSOME price. I am going to sell my boat (I have been looking) this coming spring and buy a V-drive. I have just out grown my baby. I have been looking at them and I can't beliveve that price. GO BUY IT! Jet

JONBLARC7
10-26-2009, 09:21 AM
Mikey,

Your friends are telling you wrong. The Super Sport is the exact same hull as the 03 Super Air you rode behind. Correct Craft did not change the hull of thier V-drive boats from 95 to 2006. They only updated the interior, ballast, and towers. Also the super sport will be a much better wake than the sport because all the wait of the engine is in the back.

JONBLARC7
10-26-2009, 09:24 AM
Also,

I had that same boat, and that is a deal I wouldn't pass up. I just sold my 95 before the summer for 18,000. It has 310 hp not 285 hp and it fuel injected.

dshaff24
10-26-2009, 12:51 PM
Wow at that price It makes me want to just stop my project and buy that one! not that I would but Seriouslly that is a great deal

87SunSportMikeyD
10-26-2009, 01:46 PM
JonB - Sorry I think I didn't phrase my wording right. I am aware that the 95 SSN is the same hull as the 03SAN. Is it the same as the 94 SN or was there a change made from 94 to 95? I have never been in a 95.

I was also trying to say, like you said, that having the motor in the back would make a better wake than the 94 dd just based on the weight of the engine alone.

Your other comment above, you are stating that the craigslist ad is incorrect it really has 310hp with efi? Danngggg

I didn't really like the interior of the 94SN. The seats were very low to the floor, lower freeboard than my SunSport by at least 4-5", no rear ski locker, and under the open bow there was LITERALLY NO storage. Maybe enough for a couple life jackets. Under the cushins the floor was sealed off and carpeted over and there was not any storage space under the open bow.

That is an awesome price and the pics are back up again.. looks niiiiice ahhhhh and I COULD technically afford it right now too. It even has Perfect Pass lol.

JONBLARC7
10-26-2009, 02:47 PM
94 and 95 are diffrent hulls, 95 was the first year for the 210 hull. That engine pulls great. I had my ballast all hinden with 300 on each side of the engine. A 680 lunch pad sac in the ski locker and a triangle open bow bag under the sun pad. Becuase of room the triangle bag could only fill to about 400 or so but that was the perfect wieght for up there. I had no problem get on plan at all with 1600 pounds in the boat.

I'll try to get some pics up after work of my old boat.

Under the seat there isn't much room. But is stuffed 9 life under the gunrail (not sure of spelling) beside the observer seat, which is max capicity. Take the ski pole out (which is four bolts) spray paint a round eletrical box cover black crew it over the hole and you won't have anything in the center of the boat to walk around EVER AGAIN.

P.S. I love my supra but my nautique was a good boat.

87SunSportMikeyD
10-26-2009, 03:11 PM
Jon thanks for posting this is good stuff. You actually owned a 95 so info is fantastic. You say there is a real storage compartment under the open bow sunpad? And the belly ski locker too. Nice.

Not sure what you meant here, can you give it another shot? :) "But is stuffed 9 life under the gunrail (not sure of spelling) beside the observer seat, which is max capicity." Gunwale is spelling, but I knew what ya meant. ;)

How was the surf wake? THanks for your time.

JONBLARC7
10-26-2009, 03:31 PM
First off under the sunpad, There isn't any storage you can get to but there is about 7" of space under the whole sunpad. So if you put in a ballast system you can have the triangle bag pumbed in all the time. (also the glove box is a useless cooler but it its drain is perfect for venting the front two bags)

Sorry about how I write, never was good in english class.

What I was say about the life jackets is, You can fit 9 orange style life jackets down the left side of the boat (port I think). Just stuff them up under the sides of the boat.

87SunSportMikeyD
10-26-2009, 03:34 PM
Thanks very much again and if you do have time to post a couple pics I would love to see 'em! How is the surf wave? Oh what is your new boat again? :)

wotan2525
10-26-2009, 03:37 PM
First off under the sunpad, There isn't any storage you can get to but there is about 7" of space under the whole sunpad. So if you put in a ballast system you can have the triangle bag pumbed in all the time. (also the glove box is a useless cooler but it its drain is perfect for venting the front two bags)

Sorry about how I write, never was good in english class.

What I was say about the life jackets is, You can fit 9 orange style life jackets down the left side of the boat (port I think). Just stuff them up under the sides of the boat.

I ride on a particularly heavily patrolled body of water and I can just imagine the DNR or Water Patrol squinting their eyes at me as I pull 9 life jackets out of the gunwale. They already always chew my ass a little for having 5 life jackets in a storage bag under my bow cushions.... usually the, "so... if there's an emergency you're going to be able to get that compartment open, unpack the bags and get them on people before you sink?"

87SunSportMikeyD
10-26-2009, 03:48 PM
Wotan in our boats there is tons of gunwale space in the open bow all around the nose. I tuck at least 12 up there and they are all hidden but easily grabbed when I see sherrif comin.

JONBLARC7
10-26-2009, 09:11 PM
Here it is with the center pole removed just but the cover isn't painted yet. Also I removed the reat seat so it could be used as a step just like my 24v.

JONBLARC7
10-26-2009, 09:14 PM
old step up and sitten in the water after camping all night.

JONBLARC7
10-26-2009, 09:18 PM
Front bags vented through the cooler drain line. This is looking under the passanger seat.

JONBLARC7
10-26-2009, 09:24 PM
I could only afford one pump but this is how I had it controled. The three way switch and all the valves where mounted in front of the engine.

mapleleaf
10-26-2009, 10:59 PM
I knew when I saw the PP that boat was scream'in your name Mikey.....Jon B's pic's are making a pretty compelling arguement, that seating arrangement is amazing for a '95!!!!!

87SunSportMikeyD
10-27-2009, 11:54 AM
Well I was thinking pretty seriously about adding PP to my SunSport. But not sure if I can justify the resale....

wotan2525
10-27-2009, 12:16 PM
Wotan in our boats there is tons of gunwale space in the open bow all around the nose. I tuck at least 12 up there and they are all hidden but easily grabbed when I see sherrif comin.

Weird.... I'll have to check this out in the spring. I don't remember any extra room up there!

rustey
11-03-2009, 07:41 PM
I'm not sure I know what your talking about what exactly is pp and how would you addit. I figured you were talking play pen seating but that is in the bow and your boat already has it, at least that is the impression I got.

michael hunter
11-03-2009, 08:18 PM
Rustey
They are talking about perfect pass its like cruise control for a boat.

87SunSportMikeyD
11-05-2009, 01:59 PM
oops .....

87SunSportMikeyD
11-05-2009, 02:08 PM
oops............

87SunSportMikeyD
11-05-2009, 02:09 PM
oops..........

87SunSportMikeyD
11-05-2009, 02:11 PM
oops..........