PDA

View Full Version : Break-in Period

NateSSV
03-16-2004, 03:12 PM
I am going to be picking up my new Supra SSV this coming Saturday and take it to the lake for the first time. I previously owned a Mobius LSV. When breaking in my last engine on a boat, I remember that you could only run up to 7mph for the first hour, then up to 14 mph during the second hours, and then up to 21 mph. Is this gonna be the standard for breaking in this boat also?
I dont have my owners manual yet any suggestions?:p

jflock2
03-17-2004, 08:45 AM
You can download an engine owners manual (PDF Format) at www.indmar.com.

Chapter 1 covers the break in period. Good luck!

03-17-2004, 11:18 AM
7 mph!!!! no way

That is not necessary at all, all you have to do is vary the speed and RPM's for the first 15-20 hrs. You can run the boat at full speed, just for not a long period of time at a constant speed.

Trust me on this one, Ive been delivering/selling Supra and Moombas for 3 years now.

Hope the boat works out for ya!!!:)

NateSSV
03-17-2004, 03:13 PM
Thank You very much.

NateSSV
03-19-2004, 04:09 PM
I checked the owners manual, and it does say that you can only operate the boat up to 2000 rpms for the first hour, 3000 rpms for the second hours, and up to 4000 rpms during the fourth hour. After that, it says to vary the boat speed until you reach 10 hours.

jflock2
03-20-2004, 08:40 AM
Today is the day...how'd she run for you?

NateSSV
03-21-2004, 02:47 AM
Bummer News, I didn't get to take th boat out today! When I bought the boat, I decided to have the full stereo system put in the boat, and something happened during the week at the dealership and the stereo didnt get sone. I had the chance to take it out and then bring it back, but I figure they will get to it faster if I leave the boat there. Next weekend I am tkaing it out unless it rains though. I have to break the boat in and my new Parks board.