PDA

View Full Version : quick question about winterizing tranny

dshaff24
10-29-2009, 08:48 PM
When I winterized the motor a month ago I figured that would be it, Then I thought Maybe I should check just incase if there is a procedure to make sure the tranny has no water in it! Just checking so I can sleep b4 the first cold night!!

Fishman
10-30-2009, 12:43 PM
I've got an 02 Sunsprt. My water intake comes though the floor, then though the V-Drive, then though about a 10-12 inch tube, which is the tranny cooler. The v-drive and this cooler will have water in them...so pull the hoses and drain plugs on the v-drive. You can also pick around on the ends of this tube for any weeds or debris.

As far as I know there isn't any water in the tranny itself...

Try this link for the best winterizing info I have found on the web:

http://www.moomba.com/msgboard/showthread.php?t=6925

Fishman

docdrs
11-01-2009, 07:45 PM
When I winterized the motor a month ago I figured that would be it, Then I thought Maybe I should check just incase if there is a procedure to make sure the tranny has no water in it! Just checking so I can sleep b4 the first cold night!!

the tranny has no water going thru it( unless you have a leak in the cooler, check the fluid colour) just the cooler which it seems you have drained , if you disconnected the intake hose. Fishman is right about the vdrive unit but if you rmove both hoses and blow it out your fine . the plugs are for if you don't remove the hoses (and they are a pain to remove if they have not been already , the cooling area is vey shallow on the walters v drive unit.
doug