PDA

View Full Version : ok why was i banned

docdrss
10-31-2009, 09:20 PM
someone banned me i'd like to know why????????????????????????
i have never sent spam on here

tg0824SSVGG
10-31-2009, 09:30 PM
Doc,

Can't remember specifically - if it was me, I am sorry - whatever was posted,
must have looked "odd".

I probably ban 3-5 people a day that deserve to be banned, if I caught you accidentally,
I apologize.

I too was banned from this site once - but it wasn't because of anything I said,
I had responded to "too many" posts in one day, so it "looked like spam".

I will watch and keep an eye out - but I still have to remove (as do the other moderators) questionable posts, or the site is not valuable.

Again, sorry
Todd

docdrss
10-31-2009, 09:54 PM
Doc,

Can't remember specifically - if it was me, I am sorry - whatever was posted,
must have looked "odd".

I probably ban 3-5 people a day that deserve to be banned, if I caught you accidentally,
I apologize.

I too was banned from this site once - but it wasn't because of anything I said,
I had responded to "too many" posts in one day, so it "looked like spam".

I will watch and keep an eye out - but I still have to remove (as do the other moderators) questionable posts, or the site is not valuable.

Again, sorry
Todd

please lift my ban , i do not post spam
docdrs....... thank you doug

jaywidhalm
10-31-2009, 10:48 PM
I don't even know how to ban if I do see something inappropriate or spam. Do you do it yourself, or just report it somehow?

tg0824SSVGG
10-31-2009, 11:29 PM
Jay,

Only a moderator can ban ... but to report something you see as spam, you can press
the red triangle with the "!" in it and an email will be sent to all of the moderators.

tg0824SSVGG
10-31-2009, 11:34 PM
Doc - it was not me that banned you - but I did lift your ban. (which explains why I didn't remember, but I do ban 3-5 people PER DAY!)

If I see anythign suspicious - or not normal, we will re-ban - but again, if this was a mistake,
please accept apologies - it does happen.

Here's the deal tho, when we ban people - we PERMANTENTLY remove the posts they
have made, because most of what we ban is legitimate SPAM ---

Todd

docdrs
11-01-2009, 10:33 AM
Since everything has been deleted, hard to know what i posted , but it wasn't spam, that i know. I do know one of my last posts was a PM sent to Fman asking him about his gunnel pads and where to get them.
I hate to think i was banned by Fman because i asked where he got something for his boat ...if that was the case then some people in here are abusing their power.......if it wasn't him then i have no idea , i post way more on the moomba site than in here and have never had an issue.
Thank you Todd for the lift , I hope who ever did ban me will let me know why

Doug Setterington

Fman
11-01-2009, 03:39 PM
Since everything has been deleted, hard to know what i posted , but it wasn't spam, that i know. I do know one of my last posts was a PM sent to Fman asking him about his gunnel pads and where to get them.
I hate to think i was banned by Fman because i asked where he got something for his boat ...if that was the case then some people in here are abusing their power.......if it wasn't him then i have no idea , i post way more on the moomba site than in here and have never had an issue.
Thank you Todd for the lift , I hope who ever did ban me will let me know why

Doug Setterington

Doug,

Sent you a PM, website is www.wakejunky.com, and I am not a moderator, so I did not ban you from the site.

docdrs
11-01-2009, 05:55 PM
Doug,

Sent you a PM, website is www.wakejunky.com, and I am not a moderator, so I did not ban you from the site.

Fman, thanks for the post and the site......

Doug

Ed G
11-03-2009, 02:02 PM
Might have been me.

I was getting even because of the enjoyment you Dentists get with that darn drill.

but seriously now...sometimes members names get tied to threads that contain spam and three or four people can be banned at once.

jaywidhalm
11-03-2009, 05:35 PM
Jay,

Only a moderator can ban ... but to report something you see as spam, you can press
the red triangle with the "!" in it and an email will be sent to all of the moderators.

Thanks for the info. I have seen a few strange things on here, but didn't know how to report. Now I know!

tg0824SSVGG
11-03-2009, 06:02 PM
The red triangle is a mixed blessing. We usually catch stuff pretty fast, and when 30 people all press the triangle, it generates a lot of email.

Oh well. At least they are letting others moderate now, about a year ago, sometimes
there was SOOOO much spam in a day, people stopped coming - and they only cleaned
it out about once a week.

It's MUCH better now.

docdrs
11-04-2009, 12:40 AM
Ed, I think that may have been it, i reported some spam in a reply instead of the triangle and got spammed myself :) my kids thought it was quite funny when i told then i was banned from the supra club .........anyways todd and ed keep up the good work, and thanks for the replies