PDA

View Full Version : Manual Wake Plate

Chachi
11-02-2009, 08:54 PM
Hey guys I was just wondering what is the perfect spot for creating a nice wake with the manual wakeplate. I don't want to add to much so the wake curls. If anyone has any pics of their wakeplate setting that would be great.

Thanks,

Chris

michael hunter
11-03-2009, 08:04 AM
Set the manual wake plate to horizontal for skiing and 1/2 " up for boarding its not recommend to move it more than 1/2 ''.

Chachi
11-04-2009, 02:53 AM
Right on thanks Michael.

Chris

jet
11-04-2009, 02:04 PM
I have mine up about 1" or at Its max, a little higher than you guys. But I haven't been convinced were Its best suited?? lets keep this thread going. Jet

mapleleaf
11-04-2009, 07:13 PM
The improvement may have been minimal, but once I lowered my wakeplate about a half inch down from all the way up I found my wake the best. That's with about a 750 bag in the back and 4 people on board. All the way up and the boat handled the chop like a hydroplane, couldn't stand it..I like to go fast, but not bounce all over the place!!!!!

87SunSportMikeyD
11-04-2009, 07:40 PM
I keep mine level unless I am super sacked out or big crew then I put it down just a tad from level. The more you put it down the more the bow will dig in.

Chachi
11-04-2009, 09:13 PM
Well as I am new to this whole wakeboat thing I should probably say that I do have two 550lb Fat Sacks and I know the previous owner threw them on the floor on each side of the dog house. However, I would like to throw one in the back behind the sundeck (little of what it is) but then I don't know where to put the other one. Do you think this is recommended? I don't want to offset the boats weight on one side by putting it on one side of the doghouse. (maybe for surfing I would see this work). Do you guys think I should scratch the idea of putting one in the back and just keep both on the floor and set the wakeplate to 1/2" above horizontal?

87SunSportMikeyD
11-05-2009, 11:23 AM
I run one in the rear ski locker and one under the rear bench seat. Ski locker is pretty large but the bench seat is not that large. To make up for that I use some dead weight in the rear around the gas tank or in the gunwale (also good for fine tuning the balance side to side).

Also if you are putting weight in the very rear of the boat it is going to sink the rear in more than sacs around the engine. You may find you need some weight up front to even it out. You may be good with a couple hundred pounds or you may need a sac up there.

And yes your arrangement of one in the ski locker and one on the floor makes a great surf wave. :)

I have all my sacs hidden except the surf sac.