PDA

View Full Version : Window tinting

Fman
11-11-2009, 02:42 PM
Anyone here have there windows tinted? I am considering having it done this winter. Called one tint installer and he said the Supra window is very difficult because of the bend. Apparently they have to create a seperate seem because they are not able to heat the tint to accomodate the bend. If anyone has any pictures please post a pic.

Thanks......

jasonba1
11-11-2009, 02:56 PM
my boats window is tinted but its a 92 comp and it was already done when I bought the boat. I have heard from several people that it is very hard to do and that its a lot cheaper if you can remove the windshield and bring it in. What one of my friends did was call around and get a price over the phone and one guy didint realize what he was getting into thoght it would be like a car so he quoted him alot cheaper than anyone else and he had to honor it ...I love my window tinted it makes the boat look better in my opinion

Sluggo
11-12-2009, 08:57 AM
On my 05 22 SSV the PO just had the sides and middle windows tinted. It is a sliver based or reflective tint and is not super dark or noticable, but I guess now I know why he did not do the rounded corner windows, lol.

jet
11-13-2009, 01:52 PM
Mine looks great, It gives it a newer look. just use "legal" tint. Alot of guys try and use limo darkness..you can't see thru it and it looks like your trying to hard. jet

Fman
11-17-2009, 11:44 PM
I had the window tinting installer come out to my house today, he said the curve on the Supra window is going to be a lot of work, and needed to reschedule for another day because of time constraints. Has anyone here had there Supra windows tinted on a newer boat? He said it is possible to do, but I am going to have to pay extra for the additional work. I am going with the 30% tint, which is legal and not super dark.

If you have had your windows tinted on a newer Supra please drop a line and send a pic.

Thanks.