PDA

View Full Version : Floor Stringer Repair

solarrv
11-14-2009, 01:19 PM
Just want to add my 2cents When I did the floor and stringer repair on my 85 Comp over last winter time frame I did a lot of research a lot from this site .
What I found was scary when I opened up Comp . How Does 487Lbs Of Soaked Foam And untreated/unsecured cross braces sound lol . But I My researsh I found some Very Key Items #1 Timbor Fungide/Insecticide waterbased To Treat All Wood Coated it Twice Soaked In Great ,And I did Treat Everything Not Metal Or Composite . #2 A great Plywood at a good Price Araucoply ACX Grade Exterior Glue 1/2" Was 5 ply And 3/4" was 7 ply . I used Nothing But Stainless Steel Screws . I Also Used Epoxy With Fiberglass And Kevlar Carbom Fiber Materials . Started Removing Floor And stringers In Oct 09 And Finished Coating Floor With Fancy epoxy color Mar 09 By April The Boat Was Ready For The Water . Working A minimun Of 6Hrs A day By Myself Look Forward To Long Days Or Get A Helper .My Wife And Son Weren't Too Happy With Me Till Summer Showed Up, At That Point They Understood What I Gave Up For Their Enjoyment . Anyway This Boat Made It 23yrs On The Old Build On This Rebuild I Am Sure It Will Out last Another 30 Yrs . Total Cost In Doing Job My Self Less Than 3k Not Counting The Sound System Another $1200 lol . Will Post Pictures As Soon As I Can Organize Them