PDA

View Full Version : It's time we part...

88SupraGirl23
11-17-2009, 04:57 PM
I've decided it's time that my boat (88 Supra Saltare) and I part and go our own ways. Not that it has done me wrong in any way I simply have realized that I have no time to enjoy the perks of owning a boat and I feel bad for leaving it sit. With the economy the way it is right now I have no idea where to start. I looked up the nadaguide pricing which is around $10-12k which I highly doubt I would get today. So I'm looking to my fellow Supra owners for some guidance.

Where should I start my asking price?
Where should I list it?

These pictures are older (from when I bought it in 2005) but it really hasn't changed a whole lot.

Thanks in advance for your help...

87SunSportMikeyD
11-17-2009, 06:30 PM
Sorry to see her go! First off it looks like it is in fantastic condition, vinyl, carpet and teak! Hull looks really good and love the color. Do they all have that anchor compartment?? Kewl. I would guestimate.... $9.5.

jet
11-17-2009, 06:31 PM
WOW! That is a pretty boat Supragirl. Has it been redone or is it original? I would think you could get $10,000-$12,000 easy if it had a tower and fat sacs, but without it it will hurt you greatly. Now the 2nd problem is unless your really lucky? No one is spending money right now, you might have to wait till spring. She is a beauty though. Jet

Okie Boarder
11-17-2009, 06:36 PM
I would agree with $9-10k considering it is in good shape. It looks good on the outside for sure. Selling a boat at a decent price may be a little tough right now, but I bet you can move it if you are patient or are willing to price it a little low. Where are you located?

87SunSportMikeyD
11-17-2009, 06:48 PM
SupraGirl (what a great name btw) this may be obvious to some, but maybe not. Older Supras, particularly 86-89 SunSport or Saltares (and also 92-95) are becoming highly prized as the best boat for wakeboarding/surfing on a budget. If you market the boat right (talk it up like a wake boat) and post it in the right places (here, wakeworld, wakeboarder.com, onlyinboards.com, craigslist) you should have good results. Also note the boat market is soft in the fall and prices are generally higher in the spring.

sybrmike
11-18-2009, 12:12 AM
Dadgummit - where were you a few weeks ago when I bought my piece of junk? She's gorgeous! I'm sure it's gonna be hard to let her go. Wish I could unload my project and start with such a fine looking base from which to build.

I agree with the others so far. Based on the months of searching I did before finally succumbing - If she's anywhere near as nice as the pics, I would think $9.5 - 10.5 (in the spring). I noticed the Saltare/Sunsport prices started dropping with the temperatures this fall & probably remain soft through winter. I'd hate to see you get desperate (like my PO became) and let her go too cheaply (unless of course it was to me). Best of luck!

tomelenbaas
11-18-2009, 08:27 PM
I don' t know where you're located, but in Los Angeles there's a huge boat show in early February. That's a great time to sell a used boat. People go to the boat show to "wet" their appetite and then turn to Craigs List for something they can really afford. With new ski and wakeboard boats at $50K plus, yours will look really attractive. I presume wherever you are there's a major boat show nearby. I'd suggest timing the sale to coincide with the show.

saltare inverts
11-18-2009, 11:06 PM
I got an offer for mine for 8200. Its an 86.

88SupraGirl23
11-19-2009, 01:43 AM
Thank you all for your advice. I think I'm going to list it for $9500 and go from there. Since I'm not desperate to sell I'm in no hurry.

I'm in Northern California so SoCal is a bit far but Sacramento has boat shows. Maybe I'll try that.

jzelt
11-19-2009, 12:06 PM
Assuming no one on here is going to buy it, I would offer it at 2-3 K more than you want to get out of it. Gives you haggle room and the new buyer a warm feeling they got 2-3 K off what you are asking.