PDA

View Full Version : Newbe needs info on board size

Happy Golly
03-21-2004, 10:11 AM
Hey just got a new SSV Launch and now need to get the goodies!!

I used to wake board 7 years ago then got out of it. Now I am older and well, heavier..
(37 & 220lbs) I have looked at boards but it really has changed since I was on the water. I just want to crusie and get smooth air. Anybody got and insight besides loosing weight. Thanks!

87 Sunsport
03-22-2004, 09:56 AM
I'm 54 and 220; Worry about good bindings and get a used board. Kids upgrade all the time just for the graphics. For a rider like me two fins three fins molded fins don't matter.

jflock2
03-24-2004, 02:39 PM
Visit Hyperlite.com. They used to have good board selection guidelines with a chart.

mygreenmonster.com
03-24-2004, 11:00 PM
For that weight, go with a 140 or 142 board size. Most new boards are going to be fine for you as long as you go with the correct size. Visit the manufacturer's web site to find out what model they recommend for the most pop off of the wake. With a board that provides good pop off of the wake and is size 142, you can't go wrong for with any brand for doing what you want to do.

Good luck.:)

GRAVITY04
06-19-2004, 05:13 PM
I would suggest riding a 142 something with surface area and floatation for you. I ride a belmont 140 and its awsome... Check out hyperlite.com...any more questions just ask...

Spotts
06-28-2004, 12:05 PM
I would suggest at least a 142cm board. The bigger the board the softer the landings are and the easier it is to carry speed into the wake (and not sink yourself). Height also has a little bit to do with what board size you use. The best thing to do is get out and demo a few before you buy anything. Some of the new boards feel alot different than boards did seven years ago.

jflock2
06-28-2004, 05:57 PM
I have a 2000 Byerly 142 for sale. if you're interested, drop me a PM.

- Jim

NateSSV
07-12-2004, 03:00 PM
We jsut opened a new board shop on-line (TheWakeStore.com), and I would suggest a board with a 3-stage rocker or a 3-stage continuous rocker to help get a nice transition up and off the massive wake that the SSV puts out.

A board that would definately meet your need is the Blindside Blade 142. It has a smooth 3 stage rocker that will totally get you up in the air and it is really loose feeling. I suggest this board, because it is what I am riding, and I love it! Plus it is a lot cheaper than the bigger name boards with the same rocker line! Save the dough!