PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Use Slimy Grimy?

Chachi
11-19-2009, 11:24 AM
A friend of mine showed me a video of a guy spraying Slimy Grimy on his boat to get that nasty, caked on lake residue off your boat. Has anyone ever used this stuff? The video was quite pleasing and it took that stuff right off in no time flat! My boat was in the water most of the summer before I bought it and now I have that brown color where the waterline would be. Any info would be great! Other ways of getting this stuff off would be awesome too!

Chris

OUI
11-19-2009, 12:53 PM
I use Zing. Works great, powerful stuff...fumes are strong, so use it outside.

michael hunter
11-19-2009, 02:56 PM
Be carful with Zing it has acid in it. Never heard of Slimy Grimy it may containe acid also.

tg0824SSVGG
11-19-2009, 03:49 PM
I have used Slimy Grimy - when I used to keep my old I/O in a slip - it got NASTY.

The marina owner uses that exclusively on the boats he cleans for people (for a $$).

I would think a pro that probably cleans 100's of boats in the fall would find the
easiest - and he uses Slimy Grimy.

Todd

docdrs
11-19-2009, 08:45 PM
you have to check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3snjD4Wz5dQ&feature=related

Chachi
11-20-2009, 03:05 AM
Thanks Todd, I am pretty convinced that this stuff works great. And Michael Hunter, Its completely harmless to the skin and has no acid in it. So that to me makes it 10 times better. I think I'm gonna pick up a small tub of this stuff soon.

NeilMcg
11-23-2009, 05:01 PM
Slimy grimy's primary chemical agent is Oxyalic Acid. You can get this also in a household cleaner called Zud, which may be cheaper. Oxyalic acid is not soluble in water and settles at the bottom of the bucket, so you have to keep stirring it. Slimy Grimey's version is in suspension, so it's easier to use, and yes it works as magically as you saw it.
Just be sure to wear gloves and rinse after it cleans up.

csuggs
11-24-2009, 11:36 AM
I've used it - works great! Just don't breath it :)

riveredge
11-24-2009, 01:28 PM
slimy grimy works great but yeah, don't breathe it in, don't get it in your eyes, etc. it's pretty corrosive. Depending on what you have on your boat bottom, you will probably have to scrub. Having cleaned hundreds of boats, there are very few that are truly spray and rinse. If you have some truly difficult spots or stains, try a product called On & Off - it's even more toxic but also more effective.