PDA

View Full Version : Windshield Removal

Fman
11-19-2009, 04:55 PM
Anyone have any pics or directions for removing there windshield? Looks like I am going to go this route to have my windows tinted on my '08 Sunsport 22V. Any directions or advice for doing this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Fman
11-22-2009, 03:22 AM
I love replying to my own messages :) I just removed the windshields on my '08 22V, it is very easy to do and they are surprisingly easy to handle and not to heavy. If anyone ever needs to remove them I can give them a step by step, it took me about an hour to do both of them and the center folding window.

This should really help the tinter on Monday be able to do a better job and make his life a little easier. Plus he wont be crawling all over my uphosltry.

JONBLARC7
11-23-2009, 09:29 AM
If you dont mind send me some instructions, thats going to be one of my winter projects.

tre
11-23-2009, 09:02 PM
Directions would be great.

Fman
11-24-2009, 05:09 PM
Ok, here goes the windshield removal instructions.

1. Remove center windshield by loosening all phillip screws holding hinges on.

2. Remove the rubber strip on the bottom on the windshield frame. Just pull an end out and it will come out easily, this will expose the screws that are holding down the frame.

3. Disconnect the support bracket on the dash area. There is one phillip screw on the window and one on the lower bracket.

4. Remove all the screws that are holding the windshield bracket down. There is one screw that has a threaded bolt on the underside. Its near the center of the lower frame section, it will be the one that never comes out. To remove this screw by yourself put a locking vise grip on the nut and it will stop it from turning when you back out the screw. You can easily see the threaded nut from the underside of the boat with a flashlight. There is only one of these, all the others are threaded directly into the gelcoat/fiberglass.

5. Remove the one screw on the end of the top of the frame that goes at a 45 degree angle into the gelcoat. There is only one of these on each side. This one is a little tricky because of the tower, but you can get to it with a longer phillips driver.

6. Now you can remove the windshield, you might have to pull on it a little to get the seal to break loose. Also a good idea to clear an area out to be able to put the windows on. They are surprisingly not too heavy, but a little difficult to manuever around.

Thats it, any more q's please ask.

mapleleaf
11-27-2009, 10:09 PM
is there anything you can't fix?