PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

csuggs
11-19-2009, 09:25 PM
Somewhere here recently I saw a thread with some really good pics of a new interior that Jim Jackson did on a Supra - maybe it was even a Sunsport. Can someone help me find it?

ngavchris
11-19-2009, 09:32 PM
It was Jason's comp.

jasonba1
11-19-2009, 11:07 PM
Here you co clint, if you need more pics let me know

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=4959

csuggs
11-20-2009, 11:26 AM
Thanks Jason. Your boat really looks great! I'm taking my Sunsport to Jim next month for stringer repair and am considering having him replace the upholstery. Thanks for the pics - I hope mine turns out as good as yours!

87SunSportMikeyD
11-20-2009, 01:52 PM
That is super exciting suggs! Maybe ask him to take some pics of the process hehe. Are you going to do any of the tear down yourself at all to save $$?

csuggs
11-20-2009, 03:16 PM
Mikey - I've got so many projects going that aren't finished . . . . My wife told me that if I took on any more she would either shoot me or divorce me! That's ok, because I really don't have it in me to do it - just gonna leave this one to the professionals. :)

jasonba1
11-20-2009, 05:04 PM
Hey Clint stay in touch when you come down and we will try and meet up. My boat is at Jims for storage so if its not sold by then you will be able to see it up close. Really look forward to meeting you and seeing your boat

ngavchris
11-21-2009, 07:50 AM
It probally wouldn't save you much anyway. He will have open and apart in a matter of hours. I know when customers want to get involved and try and save some money in my business, I usually end up having to charge more. How long did he estimate for the entire project?

csuggs
11-22-2009, 07:50 PM
NGAVCHRIS - I don't really know how much time he needs. I just told him I would like it back by spring and he said he's have plenty of time. Right now we think we plan to have the stringers and floor replaced, some monor hull repairs (trailer rash on the bow for where the PO launched the boat incorrectly), new vinyl and probably a custom tower. I just have to figure out when I'm going to get it down there.

JASON - Why are you selling your boat? I don't know about yours, but once Jim completes mine, it will be a keeper for sure. It's not likely that I would be able to recoup my money selling it - but I'm spending the money on it now so that I can enjoy it and keep it for years to come.

jasonba1
11-22-2009, 10:59 PM
If I dont sale it Im fine, As bad as I hate to say it I just enjoy fixing things up and then finding a new project to do the same for. I absolutley love my boat but I would like another project to see what all I could come up to do with on a new one as well., and I think my loss would be someone else's gain on my boat and I would love to see someone else enjoy it as much as I have.