PDA

View Full Version : Gel Coat Cracks

BW2-LTS
03-21-2004, 08:19 PM
Just went to Moomba discussion board and read alot of complaints about spider cracking
around through bolts and wondered if any Supra owners with relatively new boats have had any issues.

jflock2
03-22-2004, 10:09 PM
'02 SSV...no problems here...

mygreenmonster.com
03-23-2004, 10:14 PM
I had a 98 Moomba Mobius until December and had NO ISSUES at all. I recommend Moomba to anyone! It was a direct drive and I just traded it in for an 04 Supra SSV gravity games edition. I can't wait for wakeboarding behind it!;)

cowtipper179
03-25-2004, 01:57 AM
My '04 Gravity is at the dealer right now getting some fixed -- appeared that the factory had overtorqued the screws holding down the side glass and cracks were showing. Also had some just behind the rear seat on the cross section where it meets the side wall -- dealer said the gel coat was just too thick in that area. No other issues.

SUPRA LIZZARD
05-05-2004, 02:38 AM
i JUST bought 02 LAUNCH AND IT HAS CRACKS IN ABOUT 5 SPOTS AROUND TOWER MOUNTS AND IN BACK AROUND VENTS. I have been noticeing online that most complaints about supra and moomba gel coat cracks are on the west coast I wonder if climate has any thing to do with it.

SUPRA LIZZARD
05-05-2004, 02:38 AM
i JUST bought 02 LAUNCH AND IT HAS CRACKS IN ABOUT 5 SPOTS AROUND TOWER MOUNTS AND IN BACK AROUND VENTS. I have been noticeing online that most complaints about supra and moomba gel coat cracks are on the west coast I wonder if climate has any thing to do with it.

mygreenmonster.com
05-07-2004, 09:44 AM
I keep mine garaged. I have heard of people with these issues, but I have never experienced them. My 98 Mobius did not have a tower. Obviously my GG SSV has a tower, but I have only used it about 10 times since I bought it.

I did have a new version of the tower installed that folds down backwards instead of forwards. This helps me a lot so I can fold the tower down by myself even with the weight of the speakers and racks. My dealer said that all Supra 2004 boats have a new composite for added strength under the location where the tower legs mount. I don't know if that will help prevent the spider cracking or not. I guess I will find out within the next year or two. ;)