PDA

View Full Version : Value of my Launch 22ssv

ronixrider82
11-24-2009, 11:35 AM
I am debating to either redo my interior or not. How much do you think it would be worth when I resell it ::if I ever do:: Currently I have a 2002 Launch 22SSV hull is not faded but has some spider cracks around the tower brackets but my upholstery needs some work. I have cracks in some of the seats and the back hatch's.. my back seat is totally shot... I paid 21,000 for it but I had to replace my motor with a jasper rebuilt.. That was another 4,000 so right now im in the hole of 25,000 but I got a est on replacing the whole interior and carpet for 3,000.. My trailer could use some new bunks too. What would you do?

Okie Boarder
11-24-2009, 01:33 PM
You probably need to decide how much longer you want to keep it. Major refurb items aren't usually recouped when you sell it. Figure that this is going to simply be an expense that you won't recover and what it is worth to you for a year, two years, five years, etc. of enjoyment of the new upholstery.

tre
11-24-2009, 02:38 PM
1) $3000 for full interior with carpet is not a bad price at all
2) It will not make your boat worth 3000 more then it is now.
3) It will make your boat much easier to sell when it is time

If you are going to keep it, do the interior and enjoy it. I know it would drive me nuts if my interior was shot. Use some 303 to keep the new interior looking nice. My 99 launch that I just sold had a near perfect interior and all I did was use 303 protectant on it a couple times/year. It did have a rip in the seam of the rear seat because that is where everybody stepped into the boat. Everyone who looked at the boat wanted a discount because of the rear seat.

dickboxers
11-24-2009, 08:58 PM
I just bought an 88 comp. Having a fairly new interior was a big kicker while I was looking at boats.

jaywidhalm
11-25-2009, 12:36 AM
A new interior is worth its weight in gold! I would do the interior whether I planned on keeping it or not. Although you may not re-coup all your money when you sell, you will get way more interest in it if you do sell, with way less negotiation during the process. The first question asked when an interior is shot is what else is wrong with the boat or has been neglected. Just my opinion, but I would do the interior and if I didn't sell, enjoy the newness.