PDA

View Full Version : Ski Locker Ideas

csuggs
11-25-2009, 11:04 AM
As I prepare for the big winter makeover on my 86 Sunsport, I am constantly looking for improvements that we can make. My ski locker has drains in the bottom that allow water to drip onto the fuel tank. Some of the water makes it to the center where it will eventually end up in the bilge, but some of it runs onto the floor - this is why I believe the flooring under my fuel tank was completely rotted. Has anyone addressed this issue and made improvements to the design?

87SunSportMikeyD
11-25-2009, 11:34 AM
I have worried about this too. Maybe someone like Monty would know since he removed his ski locker and replaced it with a wooden frame to support a bigger sac. You could PM him and he might see it SOMEDAY, C'mon man!

csuggs
11-25-2009, 11:52 AM
I want the locker to drain, but I want the water to go to the center so that it will eventually end up in the bilge.

Okie Boarder
11-25-2009, 12:07 PM
Plug the drain holes and make a new one in the center with a fitting and hose that reaches down into the bilge. Or you could use the existing ones but tie them together with a tee in the center and go down into the bilge.

Salty87
11-25-2009, 12:22 PM
^ that's what i was thinking or maybe some sort of tray or liner above the tank that collects water and directs it to the bilge.

87SunSportMikeyD
11-25-2009, 01:26 PM
They aren't really hooked up to a drain, they just have a grill over a larger hole. I would maybe just silicon the grills shut? I have never gotten enough water in there that it wouldnt evaporate if I left the locker open or cracked open a bit. I think they are also there to vent the gas tank but I dont know how effective that is...

Needless to say, I got the pic! :)
http://photos.wakeboarder.com/data/3490/medium/DCP_5904w.jpg