PDA

View Full Version : Supra raised sticker

mark1500
12-08-2009, 06:24 PM
Hello everyone. I have a 2008 21V, love the boat, I just have one issue and I know it is somewhat caused by buying a boat out of state, but it was a smoking deal! The raised Supra sticker on the one side of the boat has lost a few letters, I assume it was because of surfing that side and the fact that they may have not had adhered well. The dealer I bought from stop selling the line and was given a contact by a gentleman at SC. No response, but hey I expected that since he is in Cali and I'm in Ohio. I sent Rick T. an e-mail describing the issue, but I am sure he is busy as well. It would be nice to get a new one under warranty, but I am OK buying one if I knew where to do so. Any ideas. Thank you.

jasonba1
12-08-2009, 07:18 PM
Jim at viper just bought out all the parts from a a local supra dealer that went under and I know he has these stickers in stock give him a call is number is 865-388-4096

jonyb
12-08-2009, 10:00 PM
I sent Rick T. an e-mail describing the issue, but I am sure he is busy as well. It would be nice to get a new one under warranty, but I am OK buying one if I knew where to do so. Any ideas. Thank you.

That's a dead-end. Check with the guy that Jason is talking about or another dealer. Knoxville Watersports if you have to call someone.

jasonba1
12-08-2009, 10:18 PM
very sad sad to report but knoxville water sports is no longer in business, however I am sure there will be a new dealer very soon

jasonba1
12-08-2009, 10:22 PM
jonyb email sent

McDye
12-08-2009, 10:43 PM
very sad sad to report but knoxville water sports is no longer in business, however I am sure there will be a new dealer very soon

really? sad to hear if so, i had pleasant experince with Nick and Kim.

jasonba1
12-08-2009, 11:13 PM
I know Bill, Nick and Kim were great and I wish them all the best, sure hated to hear about it

ssmith
12-09-2009, 12:38 AM
What the heck? KWS out of business? Well, that's a bummer and totally caught me off guard.

iwakeboard
12-09-2009, 02:47 AM
Yea, surprised me too, Scott is one of the best boat mechanics in East Tennessee, and Nick and Kim are great people. Things seem to be turning around, maybe they will be able to get back into it again, if they have any interest in doing so.

jonyb
12-09-2009, 03:01 AM
Wow.... What happened?

mark1500
12-09-2009, 09:53 AM
Thanks guys, I'll call Viper and see what the damage will be.

Looks like Knoxville Watersports website is still up, wonder if it is the same place. Always thought about stopping in there when we go to Norris just to take a look around, seemed like a big dealer.

jasonba1
12-09-2009, 05:19 PM
no all of the boats are gone and the shop is completly shut down unfortunalty

jzelt
12-09-2009, 05:46 PM
That is a shame. Having got a new to us supra and reading these forums, I know you guys loved posting good things and recommending them to people not even from TN area.

jonyb
12-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Didn't get an email Jason.... PM me here if you can.

KY Steve
12-16-2009, 10:27 AM

Thats sucks, had a great experience myself with Nick & Kim when I purchased mine.

Anyone have any experience with Lakota out of Cinci or Aqua Marine in Indy?

mark1500
12-17-2009, 05:33 PM
Thanks guys, got a hold of Jim and determined which one I needed, it is on it's way.

About dealers, had really good luck with Club Royale in MI(Detroit) may be too far from you. My friend and I where less than happy with Lakota, he eventually bought a Tige and I bought my boat out of state, but I think there are some around here and on the Moomba forum who have been happy with them. I will say my issues was born out of not buying the boat from him so, not sure if they are a good alternative in this case.

docdrs
12-17-2009, 11:30 PM
hey guys , i'm from canada and bought my boat from AquaMarine of Anderson.

Ron from Aquamarine was awesome, i called him on Monday to make a deal on my boat and picked it up Wednesday night. They delivered it to me in michigan, Don his mechanic spent over 2 hours going over they boat with me,he was very knowledgeable, then i brought it home to Canada. Owning a SC product before i did all my own service anyways as it was faster than taking it to the dealer up here. Any issues i've had I have been able to call Don and troubleshoot it over the phone with his expertise.

Doug Setterington

KY Steve
12-17-2009, 11:47 PM
hey guys , i'm from canada and bought my boat from AquaMarine of Anderson.

Ron from Aquamarine was awesome, i called him on Monday to make a deal on my boat and picked it up Wednesday night. They delivered it to me in michigan, Don his mechanic spent over 2 hours going over they boat with me,he was very knowledgeable, then i brought it home to Canada. Owning a SC product before i did all my own service anyways as it was faster than taking it to the dealer up here. Any issues i've had I have been able to call Don and troubleshoot it over the phone with his expertise.

Doug Setterington

Great thanks! I live outside Louisville, KY closer to Cincy but I also own a company in Indy. I'm up there at least once a week but have yet to stop in Aquamarine, will for sure now.

Sluggo
12-21-2009, 09:37 AM
I am in the Dayton area but bought mine from Atlanta Marine. I tried calling my closest dealer, Lakota, several times and they did not seem to be interested in parts or service as much as sales. I have been making my yearly parts order for Atlanta Marine and Heidi Moore takes care of me with fast quotes, good communication, and fast shipping. This is all before learning about Jim at Viper, so I can't really compare prices, but from what I have read here, I think he can beat just about any dealer price on a Supra specific part.

Dave

05 22 SSV GG

mark1500
01-05-2010, 11:16 PM
Same deal with me and Lakota, Jim at Viper hooked me up with the sticker, but man it is way too cold to put it on, when will spring be here?

jonyb
01-06-2010, 01:45 AM
Same deal with me and Lakota, Jim at Viper hooked me up with the sticker, but man it is way too cold to put it on, when will spring be here?

Just as soon as the 5* winter is gone.... :(