PDA

View Full Version : What is this?

ssmith
12-09-2009, 01:00 AM
Went to hook the Battery Tender up today and noticed this disconnected wire. Didn't have time to investigate further. I took this quick pic....anyone know what it is responsible for?

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w126/scotties2006/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG00321-20091202-1246.jpg

iwakeboard
12-09-2009, 02:44 AM
I seem to remember my '05 24v having a wire hanging in a similar place, but I don't recall where it led. I'm going to hook up a trickle charge on my battery on Friday when I'm back around the boat, I'll try to look it up if you haven't found it by then.

jonyb
12-09-2009, 03:03 AM
Trace it down if you want to know what it is, or just reconnect it and be done... While your at it, pull some slack on that RCA. Having it tight like that isn't good. You'll be asking what's wrong with your stereo soon.

docdrs
12-09-2009, 01:48 PM
lmao.........its a poorly connected wire that has come undone, and is most likely a power source, and on the port side of a boat in some type of compartment ........couldn't resist........ trace it and you'll find out....of hand maybe your stern light as you wouldn't notice it being disconnected unless you put your pole in, tower light?.......but anyways i got a good laugh

ssmith
12-09-2009, 02:40 PM
Well its obvious that its a wire that has come undone. I was just wondering if anyone had a quick answer. I didn't have time to trace it down the other day.

Thanks for the RCA info...I hadn't even noticed.

viking
12-10-2009, 08:35 PM
I know the Kenwood decks that SC puts in boats has a blue "remote" wire that connects to the driver's seat (and transom) remote pucks. Maybe that is it?

jonyb
12-14-2009, 10:20 AM
I know the Kenwood decks that SC puts in boats has a blue "remote" wire that connects to the driver's seat (and transom) remote pucks. Maybe that is it?

The remotes are controlled with a DIN cable. The blue wire he shows is power to something. The blue wire you're thinking of is a remote turn-on for amplifiers.