PDA

View Full Version : Height of 04 GG SSV on trailer?

h2obug
03-23-2004, 05:20 PM
Im ordering a portable garage to store my 04 GG SSV. What is the height of top of GG tower to ground on trailer.

BW2-LTS
03-23-2004, 10:16 PM
Pretty sure all Supras are less than 7 feet to fit a standard garage. My LTS is 6' 6" I assume GG SSV towers retract all the way down. Your boat is a little deeper though.

BW2-LTS
03-23-2004, 10:24 PM
Sorry, I assumed you meant retracted tower, do not know with tower up.

03-23-2004, 11:56 PM
I have an '02 SSV, and it just fits under a 10' door with the tower up. So if you plan on adding speakers/lights/etc above the tower you'll need a 12' opening. Hope this helps! Keith.

mygreenmonster.com
03-26-2004, 11:21 AM
A user named Keith got hit with the "Hide My Response" BUG and answered with the following:

"I have an '02 SSV, and it just fits under a 10' door with the tower up. So if you plan on adding speakers/lights/etc above the tower you'll need a 12' opening. Hope this helps! Keith."

On another note,
Are you getting the gravity games ballast or factory? Is it better to get aftermarket or to go through Supra?

delbert
03-26-2004, 12:20 PM
Height of SSV may no be same as 04 SSV GG. I saw a post that the new GG tower is taller than the regular rad-a-cage. I believe statement was in the 10" range. Not sure on accuracy but thought I would share to avoid ordering something that would not work.

mygreenmonster.com
03-26-2004, 03:08 PM
The GG towers are definitely different from the radacage. My gg tower has the lights and speakers lower than the top of the tower. However, I still don't know the vertical height with it up. I could try to measure it when I get it back.

cowtipper179
03-31-2004, 12:43 AM
I have an '04 GG -- you're going to love it -- except for the height !! 127-1/2" to be exact. With all the good stuff on the tower, it's not something you're going to want to raise and lower very often. Hopefully, you can find something big enough to get it in without having to wrestle with taking down the tower.

mygreenmonster.com
03-31-2004, 09:37 PM
I will have to put it down and up every time. It is garaged. I am getting it back Thursday to take out on Saturday. I have a new GG tower installed that folds backward for ease of use. I'll let you know how easy or hard it is.

Thanks!

bwade
04-05-2004, 11:43 AM
THE TOWER IS A PAIN TO LET DOWN- TAKES ATLEAST 2 PEOPLE AND YOU NEED SOMETHING TO PROP THE TOWER ON WHEN IT LAYS BACK. OTHER THAN THAT BAD ASS BOAT.

mygreenmonster.com
04-12-2004, 02:32 PM
I don't need two people to let the tower down for I have had no problems letting it down myself. I leave the wakeboard racks, lights, and speakers on the tower as I take it down or put it up. The method I use is to loosen the two front alan key screws, one on each front tower post, loosen the two rear alan key screws, and take off five rear hand screws leaving the sixth screw in on the right dog leg. Once I have done that, I stand in the left-middle of my boat, lift the tower with my right hand and move the left rear dog leg down with my left hand. I then work my way to the right side while holding the tower and unscrew the hand screw with my right hand. I then lift the tower a bit with my left hand and lower the right rear dog leg with my right hand. Then I lower the tower backward until it is resting. It isn't as heavy as you would think even though it has the Mako tower speakers, lights, and racks.

I am pleased with it!

hptesting
04-14-2004, 09:05 PM
Is that the 4 speaker 5 light combo from Mako???

How do you like that set up? I think it is the best looking set out and am thinking about getting it this summer.

Did you upgrade the speakers?

mygreenmonster.com
04-16-2004, 08:43 AM
Yes, it is the 4 speaker 5 light Mako combo. It sounds GREAT. I can hear the music while I am wakeboarding. I just have to make sure other people are not around so I don't blow them away with my music. The lights work great also. I use them right before sun down and it lights up the wake when I am wakeboarding.

I get a ton of looks because of the tower and the speaker light combo. I am very pleased with it and also think it is one of the best looking and functioning combos out there. You can't go wrong with this combo.

;)

jcmiller
11-13-2004, 03:40 AM
hey guys,

i am looking to buy a gg '04 this off season. what is a good price? the mfg, is 48995 and the dealer price is 46995. the dealer is telling me he can deliver at 41000 right now with one out of his inventory. is that a fair price at this time, should i try lower, or wait for an '05?
thanks for the help.