PDA

View Full Version : Time to hibernate . .

csuggs
12-18-2009, 06:55 PM
As the first storm of the winter heads up the Ohio Valley with my city in its path, I realize the time has come to face the inevitable reality that it's time to hibernate - like a bear. Thankfully we have this forum to help us get through. How do the rest of you keep your sanity in the winter time?

TayTay
12-18-2009, 09:41 PM
I ski. As summer is winding to an end I get excited for ski season. Then throughout the winter I get ready for it to warm up and then its back on the water. I still need to figure out a spring and fall hobby. Those couple months inbetween are killer!

csuggs
12-18-2009, 10:11 PM
I used to ski quite a bit, but my knees can't tolerate it anymore :(

jaywidhalm
12-18-2009, 10:41 PM
I snowboard a little, but my passion in winter in snowmobiling. Love it!! Almost as much as being out on the lake. Spring and fall work great to do any repairs, put away or get out the appropriate toy, and of course save a little money for gas, etc.

86Pirata454
12-20-2009, 06:59 PM
Besides workin 40 hours a week and school, i plow (very relaxing), work on my own cars and work out alot. I need some new hobbies haha

jasonba1
12-20-2009, 07:15 PM
in the winter I usually do a lot of hunting, and do a little snowboarding when the knees allow me ha ha. Also during the winter we start working on all of the wakeboarding events for the 2010 year

jzelt
12-21-2009, 04:58 PM
From mid Oct thru 2nd weekend in Nov I archery hunt. From Mon after Thanksgiving thru second weekend in Dec I rifle hunt. Because I am in special deer regulation area, we can rifle hunt doe thru end of Jan. I only take 1 if I haven't shot something prior and depends on what I have seen for 3 months of hunting. We do quality deer management on property, but that is for another forum.

Then comes snowmobiling, weather depending, which around here can go from Christmas thru mid March. This year, I thought I would be riding from Oct since we had our first flurries and cold early. Then it got warmer than it was in the summer, but already winterized.

Easter weekend I am typically polishing/loading the boat for the spring and launch around April. After having our first boat 5 years ago, my admiral made me take up hobbies to occupy my time so I wasn't pouting all winter long (started counting the days the next day after putting in storage that first year and she was tired of hearing it). She didn't do any watersports that year. Then the next, she 2 skied, then the following she slalomed and now understands why I missed it so much the second it was put away. She now looks forward to that first ride of the year. She is not yet convinced we should move somewhere where it can be used all year. Working on that...

My years (last 4) fly by now. Neighbors complain cause we are never home...Burning both ends of our candles with travel/plans every weekend. Wouldn't change it for anything.