PDA

View Full Version : Check out the Cover of Wakeboarding

RickT
12-23-2009, 10:39 AM
Feb - Boat Buyer's Edition!!!!

thescott
12-23-2009, 11:50 AM
Very cool!

Question...I went and checked out some of the 2010 virtual test drives over at wakeboardingmag.com and noticed that the only new content was the introduction from Kevco and the section on the V.I.S.I.O.N. All the photos and other vids seemed to be from the 09 release...surprised there's not more media on the worlds addition with the new tower at the very least...?

87SunSportMikeyD
12-23-2009, 01:46 PM
Looks like they have not completed their online feature maybe? http://wakeboardingmag.com/virtual-test-drives/ shows only a few brands for 2010.

I am not seeing a pic of the Feb mag cover on the site, does anyone have a link? I'm thinking Supra made the cover shot????? THat would be HUGE!!! Congrats if so.

87SunSportMikeyD
12-23-2009, 01:48 PM
Wait no here is the link to the Supra 2010 guide
http://wakeboardingmag.com/features/2009/12/21/supra-boats-virtual-test-drives-2010/

thescott
12-23-2009, 03:45 PM
Yeah, the 2010 launch test drives are posted there, but did you look at the content. Feature on the VISION dash and an intro from the editor, but all the other pics and videos are from last year's virtual test drives. I understand doing that with the 21v and 22v, not much has changed aside from the dash so why spend the $$ to do a whole new feature. But I just figured they'd have a more in depth look at the Worlds package what with the new tower and all. Oh well, I don't like that tower anyway - and I'm not on the market or anything as my boat should suit me fine for quite a while longer. I just like seeing pics/vids of all the new boats/gadgets/gear/hot chicks...etc...

87SunSportMikeyD
12-23-2009, 07:50 PM
Yeah I did notice that. Kinda confusing. I am thinking maybe they are not done with it yet??

jonyb
12-24-2009, 09:59 PM
They do that every year. The website isn't updated until we've all seen the new stuff at the dealers or boat shows. Then when they do update the website the pics are horrible and you have know idea what you're looking at. There's a lot of features on the boat that they don't show in the pics or description, not to mention the Gravity or other special edition boats that come on upgraded trailers, you'll never see the boat/trailer together on this site. Get with it SC! I said this same thing last year, I guess you were too busy building boats to pay attention to the forum and advice from potential boat owners.

Ed G
12-26-2009, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the info Rick!

I bet if you posted this on the Moomba forums, you'd see more love and respect :)

jonyb
12-27-2009, 12:10 AM
Most Moomba owners don't buy $65,000 boats, so they don't expect top-notch quality, therefore they love the brand.

87SunSportMikeyD
12-27-2009, 10:16 AM
Give it a rest dude. It's wakeboarding mag doing the feature, not SC.

jonyb
12-27-2009, 05:34 PM
Give it a rest dude. It's wakeboarding mag doing the feature, not SC.
That was in response to having old pictures on a new feature. Sorry you don't like it.

iwakeboard
12-28-2009, 09:55 AM
Anyone have a pic of the magazine cover? Can't seem to find it on their webpage.

tre
12-29-2009, 02:09 PM
What is on the cover? anybody?

RickT
12-29-2009, 05:47 PM
Tre, The shot is of the 2010 Supra Launch 24V - World's edition!

Ed, I posted on Moomba

Jony, The shots the magazine uses are their own selections. In this past year, various magazines relied on photos they had from some previous photo shoots to keep costs down. We also limited our shoot this year in an effort to minimize costs and thus some of our shots are from prior shoots as well. The VISION has an entire page dedicated to it. We would love to have more shots and hopefully in the future we will.

Hope that helps some, Happy New Year to everyone!

csuggs
12-29-2009, 08:14 PM
Got the mag in the mail today - pretty cool. Supra makes front cover of the buyers edition!!! (back cover's not bad either!);)

jonyb
12-29-2009, 09:01 PM
Jony, The shots the magazine uses are their own selections. In this past year, various magazines relied on photos they had from some previous photo shoots to keep costs down. We also limited our shoot this year in an effort to minimize costs and thus some of our shots are from prior shoots as well. The VISION has an entire page dedicated to it. We would love to have more shots and hopefully in the future we will.

Just saying, as I've said for the last few years if you've paid attention, you guys need to put more pics of the boats on your site. I live 2 hours away from the nearest boat dealers and only had 1 day to hit 7 different dealers to see all the different brands of wakeboats. That included staying in a hotel the previous night. How much internet shopping do you think I did before and after? You say "to keep cost down", and I can relate to that, I own a business, but you have to spend money to make money, and you can't tell me that better coverage or better pictures of your features won't help. You're site, as well as some of the others, are seriously lacking. My decision on buying a Supra was because of the cost mostly. You get a little more with it then you do with the comparable boats. The quality is lacking though, and that didn't rear it's ugly head until after I owned it.

The point is, you should really think about better descriptions and pictures. Example:

The 2010 Worlds Package

Custom Worlds Wrap Graphic
Black Powder Coated Tower Accessories
Upgraded Stereo, Speakers and Amp
Driver's Seat Slide and Swivel
Upgraded Swivel Board Racks
Custom Worlds Trailer

I see the wrap, but what accessories? What's the upgraded stereo consist of? What do the board racks look like? And most importantly, what the custom trailer look like? What about that funky tower that I see in SOME pics, but not all? Is that an upgrade? What's it called?

All of those upgrades make the price go up, so why should someone spend the extra money for those options? Maybe they don't have a dealer around the corner to just go check it out. Most dealers are folding up these days, so they're farther and farther away from consumers.

Click on Photo gallery for the same boat. Not 1 single picture of the interior, where most of the time is spent. Also, other boats such as the 22V don't have many pics either....

I also think you should really come on here more often and pay attention to your customers. It may show that you actually care about existing customers. Some of us have issues that the dealers have ignored or don't have dealers anymore, and I know first hand that I cant just call SC about it. I've made that mistake once already.

iwakeboard
12-30-2009, 11:54 AM
Rick, thanks for the reply.

Jony, the new tower is called the Progressive Tower and if I'm not mistaken it's an option on the 21v, 22v, and 24v. I think it's also part of their Boat Show Incentives package.