PDA

View Full Version : Supra plastic paneling

Fman
12-24-2009, 05:59 PM
Anyone know where to purchase the plastic material Supra is using in the boat for sidewall engine compartment dividers, rear locker covers, etc... I am getting ready to make some ramps to help the bags drain better and would like to use this material. Appears to be 1/4" plastic paneling?

Any leads would be appreciated..... thanks

jonyb
12-24-2009, 09:54 PM
That's too thin to have all that weight on top of it. I used 3/4" MDF for my ramps and they've held over 2 seasons. I didn't, however, cover them in fiberglass resin so they've soaked up some water. I'm building new ones this spring and will put a few coats on them so they'll last a little longer.

mapleleaf
12-24-2009, 11:00 PM
Exterior grade MDF, we call it MDO up here might work a little better Jony.....I guess resin doesn't really care what it's covering...

michael hunter
12-24-2009, 11:46 PM
Google Starboard you can buy it in many thicknesses and sizes. Its a little pricey but will never rot. Most high quality builders use it for interiors and seats.

jonyb
12-25-2009, 12:21 AM
I only use MDF because we've always got at least 3 sheets in the shop. That's what we build our speaker enclosures out of.

csuggs
12-25-2009, 09:06 AM
I've used some UHMW plastic for things like that in the past, but it too is very expensive. I got mine from left-over projects at a place I used to work. I think we ordered it from McMaster-Carr Supply.