PDA

View Full Version : HSE Revolutionary Sound Control

Fman
12-27-2009, 04:04 PM
Has anyone installed one of these on there boat yet? It adjusts the volume to the RPM's in the boat. Its a great concept, when you get to your wakeboard/surfing speed you press the program button and then when you throttle down to pick up a skier, it will lower the volume in the boat. It also has a 3.5 second delay to avoid bumping the volume up when intermitent throttle is necessary.

I was told they work very well, wanted to find out if anyone has had any experience with them. Below is a link to access there site.

http://www.hsetrident.com/

tg0824SSVGG
12-28-2009, 11:25 AM
Travis, I want one too! I had asked them about hooking it up with the
WS-420 equalizer, they said it works great - a LOT of people do that.

I just don't happen to have the $300 for this toy at the moment, but it's for sure
on my wish list!

Todd

87SunSportMikeyD
12-28-2009, 12:47 PM
I was SOOO CLOSE to buying this on the wakeworld toys for tots auction. It went for $240. Good deal but I thought in my head, "you would have to turn a knob a LOT of times for it to be worth that, at least for me right now".

I have another buddy who has the Boost Box which a cheaper option, but it only works with certain head units.

jonyb
12-29-2009, 02:10 AM
I was SOOO CLOSE to buying this on the wakeworld toys for tots auction. It went for $240. Good deal but I thought in my head, "you would have to turn a knob a LOT of times for it to be worth that, at least for me right now".

I say the same thing, except for this: When I'm on the board, nobody seems to remember to turn the stereo up! :( I need a wireless remote with an 80' range.

Travis, I've read a lot of good things with those too, but no experience. I may add it to my boat this year since there won't be many stereo upgrades. If I had to guess, it probably wires into the tach signal at the instrument cluster, power, ground, RCA in and RCA out.

I'm seriously debating installing an alarm/remote start on my boat this winter too. I'm a dealer for Clifford (made by DEI and same as Viper) and was gonna use the 5702X. http://www.clifford.com/Products/Product.aspx?ProductID=721. It's a 1-mile range, 2-way, LCD screen remote, with alarm and remote start. Nav lights would be the parking light flash, Interior LED's would be triggered on auxiliary output 1, stereo would be triggered by aux. 2, pin switches on the 3 rear hatches. I'd obviously have a valet switch to prevent the boat from being started while it's not in the water. With this alarm, I'd feel a little better about leaving it on the dock at my campground during the weekends. Not so worried about the boat, but more about the stereo and personal effects that can be pilfered.

87SunSportMikeyD
12-29-2009, 12:09 PM
LOL Jon I will agree with you there, no one turns the stereo up when I ride either.

Sounds like a killer alarm.

Fman
12-29-2009, 03:18 PM
I think if you had a sound control in the boat it would help eliminate this problem, most of the time people forget to turn it up because they get tired of turning it down everytime someone falls. You can always give them the ole' ear signal that you cant hear your tunes!

jonyb
12-29-2009, 09:04 PM
I've tried that, but then they don't know what the signals mean. It's frustrating.... I've so much as designated someone to control the stereo but that didn't work either. What's so hard about it?

mapleleaf
12-29-2009, 10:02 PM
they're too busy gett'in their stoke on........

87SunSportMikeyD
12-30-2009, 11:22 AM
Certain drivers feel it is too much to fiddle with while driving. :) Need remote I guess...

jonyb
12-31-2009, 07:27 PM
Certain drivers feel it is too much to fiddle with while driving. :) Need remote I guess...

Chewing bubble gum and walking at the same time comes to mind.