PDA

View Full Version : Front Ballast Wont stop filling

cmtaylor777
01-04-2010, 06:44 PM
Ok guys. I need some help.

I have an 04 SS launch with the 2 ballasts system. 1 hard tank in the back and 1 bag in the front. The front bag will start to fill when boat is in motion. The back ballast doesn't fill. Only the front. It will continue to fill until it overflows into the boat. The pump is not functioning while connected to the boat. I pulled it out to check it and it works fine but for some reason it is not getting power when connected to the boat. Could this be the cause of the constant filling? I had to shut the valve off to avoid nose diving due to the boat riding so low.

Any ideas out there?

Jon
01-04-2010, 08:47 PM
check page 36 of your owners manual. If you do not have one, download it from the library on this site. It will explain what is probably going on. If the lever is in the right place, the solenoid could have something clogging it or it could just be bad.

For the pump, I think it is a separate issue. Possibly a fuse, loose wire, or something else.

cmtaylor777
01-05-2010, 03:09 PM
Thanks Jon!!!

i will give it a try. I appreciate the help.

I will post the outcome in the chance that it may help others.

cmtaylor777
01-28-2010, 07:39 PM
It was the solenoid. Easy 45 dollar part. from asking around it seems to be pretty common.

Hope this helps someone out there.;)

docdrs
01-28-2010, 11:27 PM
always nice to see the sol'n to a problem

jzelt
01-29-2010, 02:25 PM
I have put a Ball valve in line up front so I can shut it off and not have to cut off the entire system. One of the first things I read was Fman's upgrade. While nice, I don't have the additional funds to do right now since putting them into toys (wakeboards, fenders, bimini, etc). Worked good the last run of the season.