PDA

View Full Version : Do you have Vapor Locking problems?

Fman
01-05-2010, 12:30 AM
I found out some information today from Indmar regarding vapor locking on some of the boats I wanted to share with everyone. I explained to him I have heard about people having problems with '07 and earlier models Vapor locking and not being able to start there engine during hot summer months. He explained to me in '08 they added a second fuel pump to help prevent this problem. I have to believe it works because I have had my boat in 113 degree weather, starting and stopping all day long with no problems.

If you are under warranty, and do have a problem with vapor locking or engine problems it would be handled by Indmar not Skiers Choice. Indmar covers the engine and drivetrain. I also found out you can take your boat to any Indmar certified dealership to have warranty work done it, regardless if they are a Supra dealer.

Anyway, just thought I would pass this along....

jonyb
01-05-2010, 12:37 AM
That's exactly what my problem is, but Knoxville Watersports said they weren't covering that anymore. I put that in another thread a few weeks ago. They were gonna send me a second pump to install before the main pump.

It gets that hot because it's mounted TO THE SIDE OF THE MOTOR. Genius!

This is one of the issues going on my list to Skier's Choice. I know they don't cover it, Indmar does, but I was told it wasn't covered any longer.

I don't have a local dealer. The closest Indmar dealer is 2.5 hours away. I know those people and had planned on going to them with service issues on the engine when I needed them.

docdrs
01-05-2010, 01:44 AM
Hey Fman, do you know what the 09's have. I believe th 10's have the pump in the tank, do the 09's have the 2 pumps and curious where the second one is?

thanks

Fman
01-05-2010, 01:46 AM
Jony,

Try contacting this guy at Indmar: Larry Engelbert

[email protected]

You have a 4 year warranty on the engine/drivetrain, they should take care of you. I would contact your closest Indmar dealer and explain the situation and they might just do it over the phone for you without having to take your boat in to them. Larry always seems to be very helpful and responds back to any questions I have about my engine.

Fman
01-05-2010, 01:49 AM
Hey Fman, do you know what the 09's have. I believe th 10's have the pump in the tank, do the 09's have the 2 pumps and curious where the second one is?

thanks

I would imagine the '09s have the same as the '08s. To be honest with you, I have never looked at the fuel pump delivery system since I have owned the boat.