PDA

View Full Version : Remove rear seat (878 Sunsport)

87 Sunsport
03-27-2004, 08:45 AM
Are there any tricks to removing the rear seat? My guess is that the comp and other older models are about the same.

Salty87
03-29-2004, 06:10 PM
the trick to my saltare was removing the middle section, it's not quite a seat. if yours is the same....i have 3 sections to my back seat, 2 real seats and the middle section. the 2 outer seats are screwed to the floor and the middle was jammed between them. it all locked together quite tightly.

check under the seats for all the screws. the outer seats also have bolts in the walls, they weren't secured to anything but they stop the seats from shifting much. that means you won't be able to slide them out of position without getting that bolt out of the hole.

it's a snap once the middle section is out.

yours might be different, though.

delbert
03-30-2004, 11:53 AM
91 Sunsport has two bolts that secure the seat back. These are accessed through the trunk locker. I pulled the black locker pan out and used a ratchet to take out these side bolts. There are also some screw in the base of the seat that screw into the floor. If you need to seperate the seat base from the seat back, there are screws that are inside the storage area of the seat base that screw up into the seat back.

If you need more details let me know.