PDA

View Full Version : Soft Floor

03-28-2004, 11:37 PM
I am about to attempt a repair on my floor. Reading some of the posts, it may lead to the stringers. Someone said that there is foam under the floor, trapped between the stringers and the hull. I have not opened it up yet.

Mine also has the soft floor on the pass side. I guess the reason is because that is where there is the most foot traffic and wet skiers.

Anybody know why they added the foam? Foam can be structural sometimes i.e. inside a column to reduce buckling, flotation, noise barrier, support or just a spacer.

There are chemical used on woodboats to harden rotten wood as long as it hasn\'t gone too far. Anyboby have an luck possibly injecting into stringers?

Looks like the joint to the outer edge is going to be interesting. The upper hull is screwed to a reinforcement on the floor. I\'m considering cutting the floor off flush with the reinforcement and sandwiching a stainless angle inbetween the upper and the reinforcement to give the floor support. I should then be able to screww the floor down to the angle. Any suggestions?