PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Boat Show

michael hunter
01-15-2010, 01:50 PM
SC had a good showing at the Chicago boat show. Great display of colors and options. Including the new LCD display very impressive. I finally got to meet Neal [naw] he lives about 15 Min's from me.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn127/suprahunter/Chicago%20Boat%20Show/supranauti042.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn127/suprahunter/Chicago%20Boat%20Show/supranauti049.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn127/suprahunter/Chicago%20Boat%20Show/supranauti048.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn127/suprahunter/Chicago%20Boat%20Show/supranauti047.jpg

michael hunter
01-15-2010, 01:53 PM
More pics

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn127/suprahunter/Chicago%20Boat%20Show/supranauti046.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn127/suprahunter/Chicago%20Boat%20Show/supranauti045.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn127/suprahunter/Chicago%20Boat%20Show/supranauti044.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn127/suprahunter/Chicago%20Boat%20Show/supranauti043.jpg

michael hunter
01-15-2010, 01:56 PM
And more pics

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn127/suprahunter/Chicago%20Boat%20Show/supranauti050.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn127/suprahunter/Chicago%20Boat%20Show/supranauti051.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn127/suprahunter/Chicago%20Boat%20Show/supranauti052.jpg

mapleleaf
01-15-2010, 05:48 PM
Interesting...there were only 3 at the Toronto show, and maybe a couple moomba's, One was an '10 gravity games edition ( i think) looked like Todd's boat with the LCD display, I must say the interiors on those new boats are amazing...
Uphere they leave the wheels on trailers.....what's going on down there with that?

86Pirata454
01-16-2010, 11:13 PM
Ill be going tomorrow hope to get some pics as well

docdrs
01-17-2010, 02:19 AM
maple, went there on friday , first time to the TO show, that lake was wild,I thought the show was pretty big, would like to go to the detroit show some time to compare. i think things are pretty tough up here in the 50 + ski/wake boat. still can't justify another 20 k for the name

86Pirata454
01-17-2010, 06:28 PM
I met neil

jzelt
01-18-2010, 03:05 PM
I believe they remove the wheels so they sit lower and you can look in from the floor instead of having to crawl around in them.

NAW
01-19-2010, 11:28 AM
Hey guys, thanks for the pictures. Glad to meet you all finally.

The dealers here tend to take the wheels off the trailers so you can see inside the boats from the floor level. Plus, you'd be surprised at how many people are interested to know how the trailers are constructed, brake set up and wheel bearing lubrication.

I will be in Milwaukee this Friday through Sunday as well, so feel free to pop in and say hey. I love going through every detail of the boats, so come and find me and lets talk about the Skiers Choice products.

Cheers

-Neil

sybrmike
01-19-2010, 06:21 PM
The Houston Boat Show wrapped up here last weekend. I was just there to drool and get a few ideas for updating my '89 Saltare project.

The local Skier's Choice dealer had the most comprehensive line up of inboard/v-drive boats by far - ~4-5 Moomba's & another 7 or so Supra's. Really nice looking boats. A few even had the new half forward swoop towers - interesting to look at in person. Sales rep said business had definitely improved recently. Skier's Choice looked to be positioned very well for value - a MC "boat show special" at $90k???? SC even seemed to compare favorably to the "budget" AXIS on display (not a bad looking boat, though).

Malibu had a neat cut away of a helm with the Maliview display similar to Supravision - egad, I can't imagine all those electronics in ski boat environment. Was taken aback when the bu rep said they in-water check every boat at the dealership since every boat needs something fixed after they get it in from the factory - and yes, with everything tied together electronically, a simple ground problem in some buried accessory can can be a real headache or worse, leave you dead on the water. Glad I've got a carb, distributor, breakers, and analog gauges...

mapleleaf
01-20-2010, 06:02 AM
maple, went there on friday , first time to the TO show, that lake was wild,I thought the show was pretty big, would like to go to the detroit show some time to compare. i think things are pretty tough up here in the 50 + ski/wake boat. still can't justify another 20 k for the name

It'd be nice to compare the Detroit show, Toronto show seems the same as it was 10 yrs ago, Only thing I noticed was that it seemed a little empty......Not a lot of people crowds to negotiate.....
And two slices of pizza and a pop was $20!!!!!!! My 2 yr. old loved climbing in and out of all the boats....notsure how the dealers felt about it, but it sure was fun.......

jonyb
01-21-2010, 12:25 AM
Thanks for posting that white boat with the flames to remind me how much I want those on my boat :D

Looks like they represented well up there. The Nashville show had 1 Supra and 2 Moomba's. They were across from the Malibu/Nautique dealer that brought at least 12-15 boats. I wasn't too impressed.... Seems like SC could've helped out a bit.

docdrs
01-22-2010, 01:07 AM
I was impressed by the indoor lake with the boarders doing aerials...i forgot my cam at home....duhhhh....was thinking about the detroit show....never been to it.

michael hunter
01-22-2010, 10:28 AM
Ill be going to a local show [ no SC] in Valparaiso IN on the 29th. Then there is a big show in Indianapolis IN on Feb 19-28.

86Pirata454
01-22-2010, 09:26 PM
Hey guys, thanks for the pictures. Glad to meet you all finally.

The dealers here tend to take the wheels off the trailers so you can see inside the boats from the floor level. Plus, you'd be surprised at how many people are interested to know how the trailers are constructed, brake set up and wheel bearing lubrication.

I will be in Milwaukee this Friday through Sunday as well, so feel free to pop in and say hey. I love going through every detail of the boats, so come and find me and lets talk about the Skiers Choice products.

Cheers

-Neil
Hey
Noone ever got back to me on the boats we were discussing

NAW
01-25-2010, 01:52 PM
86Pirata454-

All leads were turned over to the local dealers for follow up. The dealer was at Milwaukee also so they may have been tied up last week.

Please email me at [email protected] and refresh my memory on what your needs were and I will get on it or get the dealer on it.

Thanks,
Neil

mapleleaf
01-25-2010, 08:04 PM
I was impressed by the indoor lake with the boarders doing aerials...i forgot my cam at home....duhhhh....was thinking about the detroit show....never been to it.

Talked to a couple of those rider's last year, apparently they pump that water in from Lake Ont. and its freeeeeezing......You may have noticed how fast they get to the hot tub!

docdrs
01-25-2010, 08:49 PM
LOL , I was wondering about where the H2O came from, Talked to an xboat dealer guy about the detroit show and he said the TO show was always bigger and better....so I think I'm passing on Detroit.

ifinallygota21v
01-26-2010, 09:35 PM
Ill be going to a local show [ no SC] in Valparaiso IN on the 29th. Then there is a big show in Indianapolis IN on Feb 19-28.

dont waste your time unless you are looking for new fishing lures or an aluminum boat.

i met NAW too:roll:

jonyb
01-26-2010, 10:16 PM
My post about boat shows from Wakeworld:

There's a thread on offshoreonly about how the boat show's this year suck everywhere. Lots of dealers and manufacturer's aren't participating as attendance from consumers drops off more every year.

As a consumer, I think that everyone should attend their local or nearly local boat shows to show support and keep the attendance numbers up. Maybe that'll help bring in more exhibitors for the next few years to come.
Here's what's in the OSO thread:

I 've noticed alot of negitivity on this and other sites about boats shows . It seems that alot of the " performance vendors " have stopped attending. In my opion if we dont go to these shows and show support the " non-performance vendors" start to drop out and the boats shows will be cancelled indefinatley. And even if the economy picks up it would be real hard to get that ball rolling again.

I just went to the NYC show this week with my old man . We stopped at a LI propeller vendor ( who happens to own a hustler ) to BS about prop labbing and before we left my dad is having him fix the stuts on his 45' pilot house and possibly a new radar arch.We stopped by numerous other vendors, by the time we left I dropped $500 on a jacket , lines , cooler & some saftey gear.

So my point is just because Donzi , Fountain, Sunsation ect...didnt show up with some performance stuff is no reason not to stop by and show your support for our marine industry during this bad economy.

So go to your local Boat show this show season.

Yes, that post is about powerboats, but I believe it applies to any boater, no matter what you're preference is. I travel 2 hours and stay in a hotel for a weekend to go to the Nashville boat show. There's a few dealers there for wakeboats, and I never aim to buy a new boat, but I still go to show support to the dealers (that I'm also friends with) and maybe buy some stuff while I'm there....

tg0824SSVGG
01-27-2010, 11:15 AM
I agree John.
I am NOT in the market for a new boat, but we went to the Denver boat show nonetheless.

We stopped and Schmoozed with many many vendors, some are my current people, like
the canvas guy we use, the guy that used to work on my boat that is now a WetSounds dealer/installer, the Skiers Choice booths (2), the guy I bought my old boat from, the MasterCraft dealer (he sponsors our National Hydrofoil Championship tournament that my wife and I put on every year) as well as the Malibu dealer.

We ended up spending several hundred dollars at the show on a new vest and gloves and a few other things we needed for the wifey ...

Boat dealers are hurting, and it's EXPENSIVE to have a booth at the shows ...

Support them, or they will vanish.

Todd

iwakeboard
01-27-2010, 11:17 AM
I'm going to the Knoxville Boat Show on Friday, though I don't plan on purchasing a new boat. There is always great new things to look at (want to play with all the new touch screen dashes) and deals on lots of things beyond boats. I bought some Reef's at a really good price last year.

WadsworthSunsport22V
02-02-2010, 09:52 PM
My post about boat shows from Wakeworld:

There's a thread on offshoreonly about how the boat show's this year suck everywhere. Lots of dealers and manufacturer's aren't participating as attendance from consumers drops off more every year.

As a consumer, I think that everyone should attend their local or nearly local boat shows to show support and keep the attendance numbers up. Maybe that'll help bring in more exhibitors for the next few years to come.
Here's what's in the OSO thread:

I 've noticed alot of negitivity on this and other sites about boats shows . It seems that alot of the " performance vendors " have stopped attending. In my opion if we dont go to these shows and show support the " non-performance vendors" start to drop out and the boats shows will be cancelled indefinatley. And even if the economy picks up it would be real hard to get that ball rolling again.

I just went to the NYC show this week with my old man . We stopped at a LI propeller vendor ( who happens to own a hustler ) to BS about prop labbing and before we left my dad is having him fix the stuts on his 45' pilot house and possibly a new radar arch.We stopped by numerous other vendors, by the time we left I dropped $500 on a jacket , lines , cooler & some saftey gear.

So my point is just because Donzi , Fountain, Sunsation ect...didnt show up with some performance stuff is no reason not to stop by and show your support for our marine industry during this bad economy.

So go to your local Boat show this show season.

Yes, that post is about powerboats, but I believe it applies to any boater, no matter what you're preference is. I travel 2 hours and stay in a hotel for a weekend to go to the Nashville boat show. There's a few dealers there for wakeboats, and I never aim to buy a new boat, but I still go to show support to the dealers (that I'm also friends with) and maybe buy some stuff while I'm there....

I am not sure I agree with your theory of support at the boat show. If we all go to a boat but do not buy a boat at the show or soon afterwards (and mentioned we came because we saw it at the boat show) the vendors will not want to go. They are there to make money, and I am not sure trade shows - especially in the smaller local markets bring the bang for the buck.

I do a lot of marketing and struggle to justify the cost of trade shows and there return. I would rather my local dealer host an event and encourage their customer base to come, and for their customer's to invite others. I enjoyed the Supra/Moomba Reunions.

michael hunter
02-03-2010, 11:13 AM
The dealers and vendors need to justify the cost of the boat show with added sales. At the same time they need to showcase their products. I went to the Chicago boat show in 2006 after not attending for at least 10 years. After seeing the all the advancements in the new boats it started a 2 year search and purchase in 09. This would never have happend if there was no show.

WadsworthSunsport22V
02-03-2010, 01:39 PM
The dealers and vendors need to justify the cost of the boat show with added sales. At the same time they need to showcase their products. I went to the Chicago boat show in 2006 after not attending for at least 10 years. After seeing the all the advancements in the new boats it started a 2 year search and purchase in 09. This would never have happend if there was no show.

So, would you not have purchased a boat if there was not a boat show? Or would your search been more difficult? You did purchase a boat, which is why manufactures/dealers want you to do. The 07 Chicago Boat Show had zero impact on my decision. I am going to the 2010 boat show, but have no intention of buying a thing this year or next or the next. I just want to see the new helms on Supra and Malibu (I have not seen any 09 Malibu).

jonyb
02-03-2010, 08:58 PM
My decision on buying a boat came from looking at them at the dealers. Our local boat show never has much, but I still try to go and show my support and if I see something that interests me I may buy something. Small sales like that at the shows always helps out the dealers since they pay so much money and put so much effort into taking boats in and out of the show and setting up.

It's almost like showing appreciation for them being there, even if you don't buy anything.

michael hunter
02-04-2010, 11:26 AM
Wadsworth
I had not gone to boat shows for years. No need after 10 plus years of tweaking on my 89 it was perfect. When I saw the new boats I saw how much I missed over the years.
The sport has been reinvented in the past 15 years. I did some upgrades on my 89 but it soon became evident that in order to add ballast and make a surfer out of it I would need to change the original layout. I didnt want to do that. So to answer your question it
started with the 06 boat show that led to the Supra reunions and then a new boat. The show ignited spark that grew into a flame I couldn't put out.