PDA

View Full Version : Regional Supra Saturday - WV, KY, PA, OH

csuggs
01-18-2010, 04:04 PM
This is just an idea, so I'll throw it out there to see if there is any interest. What if we had a "regional" event called "Supra Saturday" where owners from around the area could all get together for a day on the lake or the river? There are several on this forum that seem to be local to the Ohio Valley (WV, OH, KY, PA). What do you guys think? Would it be worth the effort to put something together? Might be fun . . .:cool:

michael hunter
01-18-2010, 06:47 PM
If you book it they will come.

jasonba1
01-18-2010, 07:13 PM
I think its a great idea hey use to do supra moomba reunions but when the economy tanked so did those. However get with all of your supra moomba dealers and see if they will help out as well.

michael hunter
01-18-2010, 07:27 PM
The BU guys do a WOW [weekend on water] no reason we cant do a mini reunion even without dealer sponsors. Pic a good lake with camping and hotels. I will go as far as 250 miles to meet ya.

jzelt
01-19-2010, 12:38 PM
Absolutely would be interested. I think lakes would be better for planning than rivers due to if it rains during the week.

Lakes I can think of and been to within 2 1/2 hr tow from Pittsburgh area and visit annually...

Tygart Lake, WV (Morgantown area) small camping area. First weekend we boat here (April) because they are typically 10 degrees air temp warmer than we are.

Raystown Lake, PA (State College area) excellent camp grounds in my opinion. Nice scenery and 27 miles long (can get very rough if the wind blows).

East Branch Lake, PA (north central Dubois,PA area) clean and cold water, nice camp grounds. remote/wilderness/beautiful stars if not cloudy.

Haven't been to Cheat Lake, WV or Deep Creek, MD, Summerville, WV (3 hrs by car but want to make it there some 3 day weekend).

Haven't been to OH. (most are in north Akron area).

Spend a week houseboating in Cave Run Lake,KY every year. 6 hr tow.

chautauquasun
01-20-2010, 09:51 PM
Count me in...WV,PA,MD,OH lakes would be perfect for me...KY maybe a little far for just a weekend. Spent a week on Norris lake in TN a few years ago. We rented a 72 foot houseboat and a little runabout and had blast. Would love to take the Supra there. Long trip though...about 7.5 hours of towing and I don't think I want to come down through the hills of WV for that many hours.

dshaff24
01-20-2010, 10:18 PM
Tygart Lake, WV (Morgantown area) small camping area. First weekend we boat here (April) because they are typically 10 degrees air temp warmer than we are.

Tygart is where we boat, I have a slip at the marina and my father owns one of the 2 campgrounds, www.tygartlakesideresort.com

chautauquasun
01-20-2010, 10:33 PM
that sounds perfect...even better for us fellow Mountaineers

csuggs
01-20-2010, 11:38 PM
Tygart sounds good to me. It's about 3 hours from Parkersburg according to the map - same drive as going to Summersville Lake. Let's talk about some dates . . .

jonyb
01-21-2010, 12:22 AM
If it was close to Lake Cumberland in KY, I'd be interested, but I won't travel much further than that. My boat is very heavy and our Denali burns up the fuel fast. Cumberland is a beautiful lake and very deep. KYSteve is from there as well.

michael hunter
01-21-2010, 01:11 AM
Tygart is 513 miles from me. Sorry but that's too far. I would do Cumberland or Barron River lake in KY.

csuggs
01-21-2010, 11:42 AM
Let's look into it - we've got plenty of time. I'll check out Cumberland . .